German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although I am not ready to get another dog yet, having just lost my girl almost 3 weeks ago, I am thinking about the possibility in the future. I do want to wait till my 2 yr old boy is closer to 3. He isn't fully baked yet...lol.

My first thought was another GSD of course. But I am afraid that I will always be comparing that dog to my girl...she was my heart dog. Then I started thinking maybe something different, a bit smaller. I am a big dog person, always have been. I am not a fan of the little ankle biters. But I am not getting any younger and maybe something less than 85 lbs would be easier to manage.

My son has an English Bulldog and I was thinking of that as a possibility. And then I found Welsh Cardigan Corgis. I started reading about them and am liking what I see. Does anyone know anything about them? Would they be a good fit for a GSD? I realize every dog is different but just trying to get some thoughts on how well a GSD and Corgi would mesh?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
My jack Russel's always bonded well to my gsd as did my Airedale. Yes the jet can keep up with a gsd and can hold their ground with them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My dogs get along surprisingly well. I like the idea of having two large working dogs, that do different types of work typically, they seem to compliment each other. They spend half the day wrestling. I'm sure with different genders it would be different, but I do think another working breed dog would be a great choice if you have the time and money for both. The only corgi's I've met have been very dog aggressive, but that's just my experience. I can't speak for all corgis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts