German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a nice inquiry tonight about a puppy - person using their work email....they asked me to call if I had a some time to chat....

OK - work email ~ work phone numbers in sig line ~ so I email them ~ and get an auto response that they are out of the office until July 5....

So I hope they check their email even if they are out of the office and get back to me!

So if you ask someone to call you, please make sure you have good contact info for them!

:) :) :)

Lee

·
Registered
457 Posts
I get that message on a weekly basis with my training clients and I have a friend who I always get that message back. Never actually have problems with them getting their emails. I think some people set that auto reply up to buy themselves some extra time perhaps?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I use my work email regularly, and definitely if I were to use it to email a breeder, I'd be checking it non-stop anxious for a reply, even while on vacation. (Though I've recently started to get more consistent about using a personal email account for personal matters- rather than work email.)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Lee, I don't disagree with you that they should've listed an out of work contact source but if you had called the number he/she may have left a cell or out of work number in their voicemail message?? I know a lot of people who leave alternate contact info in their work voicemails. Not saying that you should do all the leg work lol but it is just a thought :). Cheyanna also makes another point because I have that option with my work number and work cell as you can get to my home phone from both. I also get voicemails from both numbers sent to both phones so I can respond to anyone in a timely fashion.

·
Registered
32,433 Posts
I have sent things from my work email before and wondered why I wasn't receiving an answer. lol They'll figure it out when they get back on the 5th.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I use auto response for emails because I work 1 week on and 1 week off. I still receive all the emails on my phone when they are sent to me. I just do that so if it is not a pressing matter they know they will hear from me on my first day back. If not I would always be working. I only respond to the really important. Like a puppy!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts