German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I now have 2 German Shepherds, I'm not very knowledgeable about breeding and pedigrees, so I wondered if you who are had any comments about my new pup, particularly whether or not the pedigree gives any indication as the type of training that would be useful, even if it has to be home-based for now until this shut down is over.

Clyde is 12 weeks old and I've had him for the last 4 delightful weeks.
His sire is Chili-della-Valcuvia
and his dam is Ardenburg Jazz

·
Registered
252 Posts
You have a West German Show Line pup, so for now I would concentrate on teaching your pup some basic obedience but most of all have fun and play and bond with your puppy.

Are you considering showing your pup in the future?

I am not familiar with the sire's kennel but Ardenburg kennels, I knew back when I used to show.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a West German Show Line pup, so for now I would concentrate on teaching your pup some basic obedience but most of all have fun and play and bond with your puppy.

I am not familiar with the sire's kennel but Ardenburg kennels, I knew back when I used to show.

I am having an awesome time with him so far, but it's very different from my 4 year old bitch. I took her to a local club and I think we did one show, but she's a longcoat with a very different pedigree. We both enjoyed the club classes though.

This pup is ramping up far more (I posted a video of the two of them playing tug earlier). He's 12 weeks and learns so fast. Already has a fairly solid recall, sit, stand, down. He walks to heel with full attention. He also managed to pull the bitch's very heavy bed from one room to the kitchen when she was out on a walk today. I can barely move it myself!

I know he's going to be a much bigger challenge for me, so trying to get prepared!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Ooops forgot to say his sire is IMP ITA, which I understand is an Italian Champion of something, but does anyone know what?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts