German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Commenting about the comments, made to people asking a question.

I really lose hairs over some ppl that have NOTHING to say about a question a person has about there dog. But to JUDGE on facts that do not pertain to the person asking a question. From this forum to others. Someone like myself is asking a question about a Orphan pup. And instead of helping with the persons question.

No dag should be taken from the mom, you should see a vet, why do you have a pup so young, and why would you buy from the newspaper or craigslist?

You PPL are so stuck up and your postings should be deleted. ANYONE WHO IS GOING OUT OF THERE WAY TO LOOK FOR ANSWERS IS DOING MORE THEN OTHERS WHO TREAT THERE DOGS AS LAWN FURNITURE. So instead of being a stuck up snob because you paid $4000 for your AKC Show breed blue ribbon bloodline german shepherd. Why not just HELP people?!?!

I know my posting may be deleted. And I would lable the person that removes my rant because they also have a $2000 AKC GSD. But realize that there is a world outside your HOA gated community. And yes. Some ppl may have a inbreed puppy. Or they may have just got a GSD MUTT at too young of a age. But THEY ARE LOOKING FOR HELP. Not a wasted posting reply about how they should take the puppy back, or they should have gone to a professional breeder. LOL PROFESSIONAL LOL Just because the dogs are all AKC and they charge $4000 for the pups. Dont make them a Pro Breeder. LOL You show me a PROFESSIONAL Breeder. and Ill find a human parrent that is a better parent then Dr. Laura or Dr. Spock.

I have been raising 2 Orphan pups since they were 2 weeks old. DONT worry about why I have them. My posting would be a question. not your wasted texting space about "what are you doing with a 2 week pup" U ALL need to get your noses out of your wallets.

:angryfire::mad::angryfire::mad::sunburn::silly::happyboogie::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::toasting:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I agree with you Festaes. The attitude that you describe towards people just looking for general help is rank throughout the internet. Not just here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you Festaes. The attitude that you describe towards people just looking for general help is rank throughout the internet. Not just here.
I know. I even found it on a search on yahoo and other places.

·
Registered
111 Posts
OMGGGG I LOVE YOU <3 yes you have a major point. Either you have something relevant to the OP's post or just don't say it. I wish there was a like button.. Dangit!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Some make those comments because there are those like myself who just read the forums or if your post comes up in a google search will take any and all advice to heart. They will bring up age and vet visits because while you may be able to raise a 2 week old puppy, John Smith up the street shouldn't think it's okay to take a 2 week old puppy home. It's all about education and it's an open forum you take what you want out of it but people are entitled to whatever they wish to say.

This is coming from a dog owner with a 400$ non AKC Backyard Bred Blue Shepherd owner, show a little respect there are a lot of people on here with a wealth of knowledge that take time out of their days to help, don't lump everyone in the same category.

Btw most have 1200-1500$ working lines, you are a little off in your assessment.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
It helps if, instead of starting a new thread for each question you start a thread and keep that going for new questions - then people can read back easily and see what the situation is and you don't have to explain each time what is going on. Not sure if you did explain or not but that really does help people keep track.

Most people don't go and look at your past posts before responding - it's not their job so why would they! Or they may not know an easy way to do so. And of course, there are reactive people. That doesn't mean they are wrong all the time.

It is our job when we post to try to put as much information as possible in the post so that people can help our dogs best.

There will always be things that people key in on and go after. And some of that is fine - there is a culture to every board, where there are things that the members tend to accept or not accept.

This weekend I actually do have an expensive GSD in my house, but most days there is an assortment of mixes and my BYB GSD surrounding me happily!

I guessed right. This forum is for hi class pure...

2 week w/ tongue sticking out

Bottle feeding issue w/ master

Raising a 2 2 week old puppies help

Outdoor 8wk old converting to indoor.

Banfield Wellness Plans?

tarting a family of dogs?

The ideal food for a pup?

Hello from AZ

Not saying all these threads should be 1, but the ones pertaining the orphans would be great as 1 and a good reference for you to find all in one spot instead of having to search your old posts.

And absolutely - what is being written is not just for the original poster, but because this forum is often found in a google search - so many more are reading than posting (check page views threads sometime).

For members, you just need to click on someone's user name above their avatar, a menu drops down and you click on find more posts by whoever, if you want to put in the time to research everything someone has written before - it can be helpful in aiding the dogs, but is a bit tedious!

Dann
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dann
Find More Posts by Dann
Add Dann to Your Contacts

·
Registered
182 Posts
This forum is not any different from people you meet in real life. Some are amazing, supportive and helpful and others just like to have an opinion.

As Gaia_bear said, there is nothing wrong with educating people, that's what this forum is for. But I do think that there is. Right and a wrong way when it comes to the way you educate.

Most people on here are dog lovers, otherwise we wouldn't come on this forum to worry about age, hips, poop, training, behavior...... I do feel strongly about the way someone should treat their dogs, and I see threads where I do think that some people shouldn't have dogs. Ever. Period. I usually don't respond, because I know that I wouldn't be able to be appropriate in my response.

Take this forum for what it is: Listen to the good advice you get and ignore people who upset you.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
I think it is great that you are raising these 2 pups. If I had something intelligent to add, I would love to help. I have never raised orphaned pups. I think you are doing a great job. I lost all my dog's I loved all with in a year of each other and it took me by surprise I was not ready to lose my best friend Taz let alone my girl Ginger a year later. I am a dog lover, not just a German Shepherd lover. I love all animals. I had to take money out of my savings account to buy my boy Jonas, after a few months of searching for a breeder in such short notice. I have had a lot of help on this forum just sitting back and reading on what to or not do with exercise and feeding Etc... Heck I even live in a trailer in a trailer park and still my boy gets good exercise and is well behaved and loves everyone.... well enough of my story. I just wanted to say something because I really think you are wrong to sit back and call people Snobs and have their heads in their wallets because they can't answer your questions. With an attitude like that good luck getting answers :( I feel bad for you. I hope all goes great with your puppies. As I said I think you are doing a great job with them!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I read back thru some of your past postings, and I saw "nothing" but helpful information given to you.

You were quite polite yourself until you didn't get an answer to your 'crate' posting, and then said 'we' were all a bunch of hi class snobs?

Why? Because no one jumped and answered your question fast enough?

IF someone had something constructive to add, I'm sure they would, if you don't like what you read you a can always ignore it..

Just because you admittedly bought your first puppy from a BYB, and are raising two orphan puppies does not make us "snobs"..but it does make you 'rude' calling people that when all I've seen is helpful information for you.

·
Banned
377 Posts
As with a lot of threads, people don't always stay with the topic or question.
This thread is not about orphan puppies it is about the way people like to preach
or scold instead of addressing the question/problem posed by the OP.
I agree with the OP while at the same time admitting to being one of the guilty parties.
It is difficult sometimes to just respond to the question/problem when the problem
is a symptom or result of an even bigger problem that should also be addressed.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
You may have a valid point but it's lost due to the name-calling.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
My favourite answer is when someone wants to talk about fearful dogs and the only response is 'that's genetic and can't be fixed just managed'. Like who's saying the dog needs to be fixed. It's quite capable of catching it's dinner. I don't see a genetic flaw when i see a healthy dog, who has the skills to survive.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I will never understand how someone can get so bent out of shape over a forum.

You got some responses you didn't like...ok, not the end of the world.

Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
This ^^ said perfectly:)

·
Registered
6,353 Posts

^ For me to.

OP, I wonder if you see that you are doing what you are complaining about?

There are a lot of people on this forum, from all walks of life. I haven't posted in any other of your threads, I haven't said anything about any of your situation, or threads. Lots of people on this board haven't, either they don't have time, experience, or they just haven't seen it (its a big board). So while you may have a point in talking about some people, you end up negating that fact by taking a brush and painting the whole board with it, and end up putting yourself under that same stroke. /shrugs

Sorry you're having issues, but you strike me as the type to get upset when they don't get an answer they want to hear. This is the internet, it happens, along with topics getting off topic and spinning in new directions that may not have anything to do with what the OP is about.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Although I'm sorry about you not getting the answers you wanted, remember the people here are probably not professionals, and when in doubt you should seek advice from a professional.

I am offended by your judgmental class warfare remarks (craigslist dog vs AKC).
In some areas there are no GSDs in shelters. Maybe its been someone's lifelong dream to have a $4000 AKC dog - are you assuming or jealous that person is wealthy? Maybe the people who spends thousands on a dog are moderate income earners that manage their money well and have prioritized their savings for a dog. If you ever look through the nice photos people post of their dogs at home, you'll see we are not living in mansions.

I don't know the root of your resentment, but it certainly is making this post difficult to read.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I think it's sad when someone joins a message board such as this one and almost immediately starts criticizing the other members for replies they get to their message/s and threads.

Often people make comments relative to the subject matter, but not necessarily in reply to the original poster, but more for the education of someone who may be reading the thread in question. As pointed out in this particular case, the original poster spread the information out in a number of separate threads instead of keeping the information together in a single thread.

IMHO if you don't like the replies, don't like the way threads tend to go, ignore them or reply to them or do whatever, but as long as the members respect the board rules (which I noticed that the original poster of this thread did not do requiring a mod to have to edit it), everyone has a right to add their own opinions regardless if the original poster approves of what they say or don't say. :)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I did not pay $4k for my dog and I don't live in a gated HOA community, but any health related question should be referred to a vet. Just because somebody tells you what sounds like a good answer on an internet message board does not make them right.

I raised a question about my puppy and his fear around noises and especially other dogs. I did get some good advice, but in the end we went to a trainer. IMO, for most questions either a vet or a trainer needs to be consulted.

At the moment my dog has a bump on his right leg. You won't find a post on here about it (except this one). Why? Because I took him to a vet. When he was limping I took him to a vet. I will share the advice my vet gave me if I see someone's dog has similar symptoms, but in the end it may not be the same situation and a vet should be consulted. When it comes to my dogs health he is going to a professional.

You're above rant about how much a dog costs, how much money people may have and where they live is prejudged on your part. Maybe you need to stop judging as well...?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts