German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/img]

Columbus County AC Shelter. Gasses every Friday morning whether they need to or not. This looker was a stray and becomes available at 5:00 PM on Thursday, 7/25. The shelter closes at 5:00PM on Thursday and does not reopen until noon on Friday....after gassing. What are his chances? None unless someone is very persistent in working with the shelter and the volunteers to make it happen. Columbus AC Petfinder link.

This male shepherd is in kennel 28. If you can offer hope please email the volunteer who took this picture [email protected] or you can also call the shelter 910-641-3945. If you call the shelter, make sure that you give them the kennel # 28. Be forewarned - they are not usually very good about working with you on the phone.

There is also a female WGSD who is available now and will be gassed on Friday also. I am posting her next.

Please cross post !!!!!!!

-Krista

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same reason I posted for the other in the same shelter....Petfinder site is kept up by two volunteers - Julie and Susan - both with full time jobs. Not enough time in the day!!! All of the dogs who can legally be gassed are every Friday morning so it is a continual battle. They will send out emails first because that is fastest and will update the site as they can.

-Krista

·
Registered
860 Posts
Have to bump him-he looks just like my Lola. Hope he finds a good home.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Kennel 28
German Shepherd Dog

Size: Large
Sex: Male
ID:

Notes:
This gorgeous guy is a stray and has to be held for 72 hours. He will be available on Thursday 7/24 at 5:00. He is sweet but scared Kennel 28 candidate for gassing on friday 7/25.

Columbus County Animal Shelter
Whiteville, NC
910-641-3945
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
***Strays have to be held 72 hours in order for owners to be able to reclaim. After 72 hours, they will be put up for adoption. If not adopted before Thursday's at 5 p.m. they will be candidates for gassing on Friday mornings.

Owner surrenders: Are immediate candidates for gassing on Friday mornings.

In order to make sure these shelter companions are safe before their time is up on Thursday afternoons, it is best to plan to be at the shelter by 3 p.m. on Thursday to save your desired companion. As always, we thank you for your interest in our wonderful companions.

[email protected].

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just called the shelter. They won't let him be adopted until 5pm on the dot today...and the shelter closes at 5pm. The person who pulls must be there at 4:45pm or they will gas him in the morning.

So basically there's a 15 minute window to save this dog or he's gassed. We can foster him but absolutely cannot make it to the shelter by five, we're 3.5 hours away and it's 2pm.

·
Registered
119 Posts
So we have rescue backing, a foster home, and we will drive all the way but can't make it to the shelter by 5pm. Please, someone, anyone, pull this boy.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
oh my gosh,,,,someone please help!!!!! They have got to give us a chance to pull him!!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts