German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8th month old wont sleep out of his cage.We take him out and play frisbee with him for about 30 minutes and let him lay there for about 20 minutes.We bring him in and he will lay down but he will get up and lay back down he will keep doing this for hours.Another weird thing he started doing was laying in my walk in closet but he will get up in a few minutes but anyways as soon as we put him in the cage he will lay down and fall asleep..:confused:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ammo is the same way. He has so much energy and drive that the only way we could get him to be still, even when he is worn out, was to put him in his crate. A few days ago I started putting his lead on him in the house when I wanted to keep him laying down by me. He would lay there and look around the first few times. Now when I bring him in and put his lead on him he will lay down and sleep. If the lead isn't on him he is constantly moving and chasing flies and checking the kids and checking the door and whatever else he feels he needs to do. I don't know what it is about the lead but when it's on he knows he has to quiet down.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Rogue is the same way. If she isn't in her crate then she has to be on a down stay. I'm working on longer down stays (over 20 minutes) and she starts to relax now in those. It doesn't matter how tired, mentally or physically she is, she doesn't lay down and sleep unless made to do so. It's not something I would want in another dog. I have a female Malinois here right now and she settles in the house just fine. Although her drives are much less than rogues.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sora, our 6 mo GSD mix, is the SAME WAY. It's totally not a matter of lack of physical exercise. He will just go, go, go. I made the mistake of having my mom watch him without his crate. She said he would lie down for 5 minutes and then get up every 15 minutes to scope out the house. She called it him doing his 'status report' :) It's driving me nuts, though! I wish he could sit down and settle. He is always into something!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts