German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So ive only had rescue shepherds up until now so please bare with me they were all already set in their color patterns and dallas im almost positive is 100% german shepherd the people who we got her from did have a male and female gsd on the premise but you never know with ppl simce other than her brother there where only two out of 10 puppies left and i was hoping someone could put their two cents in on what her coloring might be and if shes is in fact a pure breed like i believe. Her ears are up 100% of the time shes having a slight color change already like the weird white spot on her tail and i think shes around 8 weeks old if anyone could give their input it would be much appreciated. And questions are welcome! Thank you in advance!!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
enjoy your pet immensely.

do not breed , please . do not breed.

this pup , which deserves the best life possible di not come from
a breeder that gve two cents of a care about the breed . Two approriate
biological units , and that met all the requirements .

That is my two cents , and since we have no more pennies in our currency
you can upgrade that to a nickels worth.

the colour is lacking pigment . But there is so much more to make a GSD

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
What Steve said :)

Her black will fade. I think my black/tan's pattern was set by the time she was 9 months. Maybe as old as a year. She will be a saddle pattern, probably very little black left on her face.

I think she's older than 8 weeks. How much does she weigh?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shes roughly 20 pounds i thonk shes closer to 3 months old if not a lil older but these ppl were as backyard breeders as you could get i honestly bought her on a whim cause i couldnt stand leaving her there they guessed she was about 8 weeks.
What Steve said /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Her black will fade. I think my black/tan's pattern was set by the time she was 9 months. Maybe as old as a year. She will be a saddle pattern, probably very little black left on her face.

I think she's older than 8 weeks. How much does she weigh?

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
I would think closer to 3 months too. My girl at 11 weeks was 19#. She was 14 at 9 weeks. She was from a litter of 12 but was one of the biggest ones.

I hope her temperament is good for you. She looks very sweet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shes a sweetheart and super smart to boot a lil shy when ppl approach her shell stand tall but come trotting back to my side. My son and i love her no matter her lineage but from the picture thats posted do you think shes full blooded or just high percentage of shepherd? to
I would think closer to 3 months too. My girl at 11 weeks was 19#. She was 14 at 9 weeks. She was from a litter of 12 but was one of the biggest ones.

I hope her temperament is good for you. She looks very sweet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plus weve only had her for about two weeks and she weighed around 10 pounds if that when we got her she was super tiny like her whole body basically fit in the lap of my 5 year old

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
She's probably purebred. My girl that came from a shelter was supposedly part Border Collie and she looked pure. So she could be high content as well. She looks sweet and well loved. That's the important part. :)

If she was 10# when you got her, she was probably 8 weeks then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you so much for your comments very helpful
She's probably purebred. My girl that came from a shelter was supposedly part Border Collie and she looked pure. So she could be high content as well. She looks sweet and well loved. That's the important part. /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

If she was 10# when you got her, she was probably 8 weeks then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will her new coloring start out light and fade darker over time like how my older black and tans where or will her adult color be just as light as its coming in now??

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
Probably just as light. I doubt her tan will get darker. At least mine did not. Her black faded back but the colors never changed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts