German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s a very light pink. What does that mean? Can it be caused by medication? If not, how would he have gotten it? Could it be from not going out often enough when it is raining? It is a bad time to visit a vet because they have such limited hours and my dog isn’t good unless I’m in the room with him.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I would worry about blood. Can you sterilize a container and collect some urine and drop it off for testing? Would they do that without seeing him?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I agree with jarn, you might see if you could call, our vet has an after hours answering service, they might be able to have the vet call you and go from there.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
It’s a very light pink. What does that mean? Can it be caused by medication? If not, how would he have gotten it? Could it be from not going out often enough when it is raining? It is a bad time to visit a vet because they have such limited hours and my dog isn’t good unless I’m in the room with him.
Could be UTI. We had a boarder get one recently that started with blood tinged urine. Sample confirmed

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The vet isn’t due back in the office until Monday due to the quarantine. I will try calling in the morning and see if anyone is there. If they have animals who are recovering from illness, at least a tech should be in. I just looked at the tissue and it is partially dry now and looks yellow. So maybe it was the lighting. I need to check when it’s light out tomorrow and see if there is any external irritation that might be bleeding. He sometimes gets an allergy that affects his groin and penis. I usually have it under control but I might have missed something. He isn’t peeing more than usual and doesn’t seem to be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem solved. He dropped a frisbee and peed into It. It looked pink. we got a strong light and checked his entire groin area. Everything looked fine, so there wasn’t any external bleeding. Tonight he drank water and I saw a little pink in a few drops of water that dropped from his mouth, so it is not a UTI. He occasionally scrapes his gum when he’s playing. I will keep an eye on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts