German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this black stripe on the paw a representation of a specific color, or is it a GSD standard marking?

Attachments

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i dont know what to tell you but its definitely interesting. very unique i think.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hondo has this stripe on all four paws, and dark hairs going up the back of the legs. I'm curious if this is normal (Black & Tan) coloration, or is it something else.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i think it's coloring. it adds to Hondo being
unique. my dog is blk&red and he has it slightly
on his front paws. when i went to check his
rear paws my dog got excited and started
spinning around, licking me, stepping in place, lol.
so i hugged him, he licked me more and then
he went into the bedroom and jumped on the bed with my GF.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is one good looking paw Hondo has there.

:rofl:
Yep, you should see the other three paws...whoo whee! Now, if he'd just go out and get a job.....

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I just tried taking a pic of Molly's trotter but battery flat...she has a similar marking but washed out. Mind you, she is the wonky donkey after all!

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just tried taking a pic of Molly's trotter but battery flat...she has a similar marking but washed out. Mind you, she is the wonky donkey after all!
Is Miss Molly considered a black and tan?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Miss Molly is considered a black and tan yup! Will just check if there's enough charge to snap a quicky of her paws :)

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, it's not representative of anything. Just a unique marking. All dogs are different with different markings, and subtle ones like this don't change what color the dog is. :)

Ok, gotcha. A lady stopped me at the feed store last night, and swore to me that Hondo was a sable. She said the tell-tale sign were the "tar-heels" on his feet. Hondo does have a unique, sorta washed out coat color as an adult (1 year old) but as a puppy he looked like a standard black and tan pup (with long hair!).

I didn't think much of her conversation with me, some folks just like to talk. From what I understand, in order to have a sable you must have at least one sable parent. Hondo's parents are black and tan and white.

Thanks Chris!

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Now I notice, Diabla has the same black marking on his 4 paws. Never thought on them. She is a (quite washed out) black and tan.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.