German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my best bud Rogue! He’s almost 17 weeks. When we got him he was super dark, then lightened up losing all of his black except his snout and then turned this color. My question is should I expect him to be more Black and Tan, dark sable, or patterned sable? Mom is dark sable Dad is patterned sable.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
My guess is that you'll end up with a patterned sable, but that's only a guess based on pictures. Who really knows? :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
If you have a picture of him at about a day old, you'll get a good idea of how dark he will be. His markings will change back and forth until he's a couple years old.

·
Super Moderator
7,247 Posts
He’s sable... as far as being a pattered sable or not - I’m not entirely sure but leaning in that direction with my guess based on the most current photo (vehicle).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the youngest I have of him. 7 weeks. Breeder says he was almost all black when he was born.
560422[/ATTACH]member: 35330"]
If you have a picture of him at about a day old, you'll get a good idea of how dark he will be. His markings will change back and forth until he's a couple years old.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts