German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious about your dog's color transformation from puppy to adult. I'll be getting my puppy in a few weeks and would like to possibly get an idea of what she might like like as an adult.

I know there are other threads like this, but many of the pictures didn't show up for me.

·
Super Moderator
7,374 Posts
If it’s the puppy in your avatar she is most likely a bi color in which her color won’t change much at all, if at all. If she’s a blanket back the the amounts of tan will spread a bit and if she has a blanket back parent - that will give you the best clue of her mature coloring / pattern.

·
Registered
646 Posts
EDIT: I really didn't really understand what you meant and just posted away, lol. My pup doesn't reflect your pup, but have fun looking anyway

Mine's a patterned sable female

8.5 wks

14wks (It seems my pup went through her color change around this time from 13wks-14wks. 14wks is when the patterned coat started to show up and 15.5wks is when you could see how the pattern would look)

20wks

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
Mine didn’t undergo anything substantial, but lightened then darkened a touch.

When she first came home:

This is the lightest she got, and this was around 3 months old:

By 4 months, she had already darkened again:

And here she is about a month ago (9 months):

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EDIT: I really didn't really understand what you meant and just posted away, lol. My pup doesn't reflect your pup, but have fun looking anyway
I don't care if they reflect my puppy, I just want to see color transformations of any dogs. Gives me an excuse to look at puppy pictures lol

·
Registered
646 Posts
And here she is about a month ago (9 months):

Love your pup's black shoes, haha. Also, she has a really nice, shiny coat

I don't care if they reflect my puppy, I just want to see color transformations of any dogs. Gives me an excuse to look at puppy pictures lol
If you go to the Pictures section, there are a few members, including me, who do weekly updates and pictures of our pup. Go check them out

·
Registered
856 Posts
Gooseman, what’s your pup’s pedigree? I swear our dogs could be twins at times.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts