German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What color will my puppy be? I been looking for a puppy with the same color but I cant really seem to find one. I just been wondering what color will he grow up to be? He seems to have a shiny gray on the bottom and when you pet him against his coat he has a gray black coat. Thanks

Attachments

·
2,967 Posts
He's a black and tan. :) Looks to me like he'll have a saddle and his tan looks a little faded. The black parts will fade and the tan parts will get larger.

He also still looks to have his puppy coat, which is probably why it looks a little dull. As his adult coats starts to grow in you'll see a shiny coarser stripe of black hair come in along his back and start to grow down his sides. That's his adult coat.

German Shepherds are also a double coated breed. The undercoat is usually more of a gray color, and the guard hairs (top coat) is usually more what you see in an adult dog.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I've seen dogs classified as black and silver, although I don't think that's an 'official' coloring. He's a really cool looking color- and a cutie

·
2,967 Posts
His color actually reminds me of my Tag's litter brother, Doc. :) Although their parents tend to throw large saddles or blankets. I don't expect Doc to lose much of his black coat.

Doc at 12 weeks. (with Tag- red sable)

Doc at 10 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts