German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
hi all,

I found these pictures online. They seem to be a great way to help us lesser knowledgeble people identify what kind of GSD we have. hope you all find it useful...

Removed attachments as they violate this board's policy on copyrighted items. ~Admin.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Those were made by a member here, she put a lot of work into some charts.

"sable back" isn't a term. You can have a sable saddle, but sables are generally just referred to as sables. Its not the pattern thats discussed, but how "melanistic" or dark the sable is as well as if the tan pigment is showing silver, tan, or red.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well she did a great job!

Renee, Cody is indeed a sable. just a slightly unique one I'm thinking ;)

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
These are part of a three-image set I created - German Shepherd Anatomy, German Shepherd Colors, and German Shepherd Patterns. They can be purchased as postcards from my Zazzle store and also downloaded for personal use (no altering, no re-posting anywhere without credit to me AND a link back to my site).

German Shepherd Anatomy
Dogs for Defense K-9

German Shepherd Colors
Dogs for Defense K-9

German Shepherd Patterns
Dogs for Defense K-9

If you got the graphics "cut up" as they are posted in your post above, please give me the link to the website where you have found them, as they are being used without my permission, in altered form, without attribution or link and therefore violate my copyright.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Chris,

Sorry!!! I didn't mean to infringe on copyrights or anything. They are awesome! so very good work.

All I did was google "german shepherd color patterns"

I'll do it again and see if I can get the exact link for you

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
You're more than welcome to download the graphics from my website and use them, as long as they're intact and include a link back to the page so others can download them, too. :) That's why I made them.

But it's been a huge issue seeing them pop up all over the Internet, without any kind of reference to me (and often with the header removed or the graphics altered). People have even sold them on products without my permission! So I'm a little touchy about seeing them turn up. If you find them, please let me know, and I will inform the website owner that they can't just use them.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi again Chris,

I tried for about 10 minutes googling and no luck. i know i googled something like "german shepherds patterns" "german shepherds colorations" etc but now, i can't see to replicate that search...

i'll keep trying for ya though

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi Renee, mine clears itself every time I close windows explorer. i thought it might populate itself in my google search too, but im thinking all the "cookies" got wiped out also

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
If you got the graphics "cut up" as they are posted in your post above, please give me the link to the website where you have found them, as they are being used without my permission, in altered form, without attribution or link and therefore violate my copyright.
If the OP remembers the file name for the photos you should be able to look them up by using Google but instead of selecting web, select images. (top left hand corner on the google bar)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for sure Vinnie... plus I didn't want to get sued lol

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Thanks so much, Vinnie. I will send them an email and see whether they would be willing to use my original graphic with a link back to me, instead of what they're doing now. Most I've had this issue with were more than willing to do that rather than remove the graphic altogether, so hopefully they will, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts