German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy is turning 4 months old in two days and she's starting to get random specs of white hairs over random parts of her black coat. Does that mean that spot will gradually become whiter as she ages?

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Do you have pictures of her and her parents? Without seeing her it wouldn't be possible to even guess!

Reactions: Shane'sDad

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have pictures of her and her parents? Without seeing her it wouldn't be possible to even guess!
The white speckles are behind her ears and somewhat scattered on her withers. (Sorry! Took the pictures forever to load because I'm not home at the moment.)

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
I would guess her face will whiten up because one of her parents doesn’t really have a mask!

·
Registered
31,796 Posts
Black and tan's change pattern as they mature. the black recedes and the tan becomes more prominent. I think she'll look more like her mother but with more tan given how much is on her face already,.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I’m guessing you’re wanting her to stay dark/not lighten up?

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm hoping that she'll light up a little more as she grows, but I do favor the darker colors! Just super curious. ?
Yup I really wanted my puppy Rollo to stay DARK! Here he is as a wee one and now I absolutely LOVE his color now at 7 months!

Attachments

Reactions: Mei

·
Registered
942 Posts
Alright @Okami.

How did Mei get to your house??! They look identical LOL.
Dude! I was thinking the exact same thing lol - especially the little tan spots around the eyes! Two puuuuurty ladies for sure

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yup I really wanted my puppy Rollo to stay DARK! Here he is as a wee one and now I absolutely LOVE his color now at 7 months!
Rollo is absolutely stunning! I love sables!

Alright @Okami.

How did Mei get to your house??! They look identical LOL.
Haha! Mei definitely looks a lot like my Eclipse! I took a look at your thread on her a few days ago. She's a little cutie. ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts