German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, right now I am using a nylon harness for sabo. 11wks because he can flip out of a normal nuking collar, and I'll be darned if my puppy gets loose!

What are the best collars for puppy training classes? Best leash? For walks?

He wears the harness inside only because we are still potty training so we need to be able to do a quick snatch and grab. When we move (2 weeks!) he won't need to wear anything inside because we will have a yard to run him to.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
harnesses are fine, I would just get a regular nylon collar or martingale collar for walks, upgrade to a leather later. Leash I recommend leather or asat, much nicer on the hands

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i don't know if it's the best but i used a flat collar and a leash.
i don't depend on a device for training and socializing. i never
leave a collar on my pup/dog when he's home.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
What is a nuking collar? I hope it's not nuclear! I agree with doggie dad, no devices on pups, nuclear or otherwise.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm looking into those germ sprenger fur savers. I have nothing on him at home and nylon for walks and the fur saver I was thinking for training - I've heard dogs "switch on" into work mode when a certain collar is on - and as fur savers are IPO requirement ... Why not get him used to it now. As for leash I have a 30ft nylon (easy to wash) and for walking I'm just gonna get one of those nylon/rubbers... Lots of grip :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts