German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
REPLY To these Post on NDFH

First and formost, Whom every posted this original comment was wrong to do so with out the permission of the parent. :mad:
Second no one realizes the damage that they are causeing a child and the their ability to use their service dog IN TRAINING out in public and in the schools.:mad:
Third: let ME introduce myself. :) I AM the Director of Training for Noelle's Dog Four Hope and if you did your research on me you would find that I have 2 GSDs (not mixes! purebreeds) so to say that they do not use GSDs then you are not correct. I have been training dogs for over 28 years, I was an Animal Welfare Officer for several years, currently an AKC Evaluator, approved Service Dog Trainer through 2 different service dog organizations (that I provide proof to the people that I train their dogs), National Certified Dog Trainer, and Certified Basic Obedience, and Advanced Obedience Trainer. If you are intrested I have the ceritfications in my training faclity and anyone who wants to see them can stop by.

As the director of training I require all of the dogs to pass a basic obedience test, CGC, Public Access Test, and a detailed specility test for either seizures, or allergy testing.:smirk: I video all of these test!

And if you know of any resuce organizations that will work with us as a service dog organization then feel free to send them my way. I have contacted personally several and the comments that I have gotten is that they want their dogs to just be pets. I am tired of trying to get them to work with us so I have stopped. Here is my email, [email protected].

There are two sides to every story. Here is the the updated info on the person that was quoted in the negative story:
1. the dog in OK, NDFH emailed and called several times to have the person return the dog, No Reply from that person, so the person took to the dog to the local shelter, and the shelter was not told that it belonged to NDFH, the dog was EUTHANIZED shortly after intake. NDFH's attorney is working on this case. I personally investigated and got this information.

I ask that you use caution when speaking about people and their service dogs.

· Registered
6 Posts
NDFH Director of Training

FYI 1 of my GSD's is compleating her training for scent work of peanuts, and she on 3/19/11 alerted on seizure with a total stranger, that works at ATT store in CO Springs. My sister was there to witness it. She also has been known to notify a close friend of mine of her low blood pressure and wake her up when she passes out. Her trained task include but not limited to turning on lights, opening doors, getting meds, hitting a 911 button, finding peanuts among other foods on the floor without being told to search, or having me point my finger at the location of the peanuts.

My other GSD is only 9 months and is still in training for his basic obedience test to be taken on 4/1/11, and working on his socialization to the public and other animals.

· Registered
6 Posts
do you go to work for FREE? those who go to college make upward of a million dollars more then those who just complete high school. You pay a DR that specializes in something more money then the one that is just a general practioner. Those who take the extra time and put out the money required to get the extra degrees or certifications ought to get paid for it.

If you take the amount of time for someone to train a service dog (aprox 250 hrs) and add the extras, vet, equipment pd by the company, and finding a qualified dog trainer (one that has gone the extra mile to prove that they know how to propperly train a service dog speciality) you end up loosing money after 1.5 years to 2 yrs.

I know from personal experience that it is very VERY easy to cause damage to a dog that is in training for service work. I have been rehabing a dog for almost 2 years to get her back to where she used to be.
Find a trainer and then do your resarch on that person.

NDFH is not ripping people off she has a daughter that has Epilepsy and I can tell that you don't know the cost of having a child with something that can kill her in the night. NDFH is saving lives one dog at a time.

· Registered
6 Posts
actually you are wrong. A trainer is someone who can train the dog for service work, with the end result being that the dog works for someone who has disabilities.

I do have allergies that require the dog to work for me.
I did not train her for the other things that she is doing.

· Registered
6 Posts
Director of Trainer

I appologize for the misspelling on my posts. I work from 6Am to 5PM at one job, come home eat and then on to job #2 from 7PM to 10PM dog training, and then on to job #3 where I am making service dog vest for persons that have placed the orders, and for free for our militatry vets. So I think I have just cause to not be on this site to be defending and encouraging the thread. Spelling is not a current priority to me at the early morning hrs, when I should be sleeping.

The bad press was not warnted and NDFH has turned these people and their files over to their attorney. From this time forward the Attorney had advised us to make no more comments regarding these cases.

If people have questions regarding that information, you may contact me and I will give you the attorney's phone number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.