German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cody and I took a 6 mile hike, plus he got to do some swimming. I'm uploading 4 or 5 more in a 2nd post (seems to upload better for me that way)

thanks for looking :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Laren

·
Registered
164 Posts
Adorable! That is a happy Shepherd face if i have ever seen one! :wub:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Navah. he sure is in heaven running off lead...plus dad had hotdog pieces in his pocket to ensure a great recall hehe

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
He is looking great! So jealous you have good recall! :)
I took Jake on a 5 miler yesterday (on leash :( )

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Renee... I always use high value treats (chicken, hotdog etc) to train "come". I still very very rarely say "Cody Come" unless i have a treat for him. he's doing so well with it, I don't want to ruin it by not have a juicy reward. someday...i'll ween him off.

fun! it's so nice and peaceful to hike with the pup.

also, he's only off lead if i can see a lot of the trail ahead.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
LOL....I could have a LIVE chicken....off lead very unreliable recall....but we are a work in progress! Yes, I love being in the woods with Jake, it's so peaceful and he really loves it! The weather is finally cooled off!

Cody looks really good, is a black and tan blanket?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha, well mr Jake must not be quite as food driven as Cody. I wonder what other rewards you could use to help the recall??? hmm..

yeah, i bet down in AL you've got to wait for the evening to do much outdoors, especially in the summer.

Cody is a sable :)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
A sable? GEEZ I don't know much about markings or coats....my friend has a sable and looks nothing like your handsome Cody.:)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol, me either for the most part. plus i like them all anyhow hehe. well the breeder told me sable i others on the site confirmed that. i however and no expert either, but thanks again for the compliments on him :)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you rerun... for Illinois its alright. i love the outdoors though, and typically head west or north for some real wilderness when i can. for quick day trips all ive got to work with are the forest preserves

·
Banned
5,219 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Cody is beautiful and he looks so happy!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
What a very handsome boy you have!!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Paddy D, Wolfiesmom, and Taylor, thanks for looking and the compliments on him. im glad he looks happy :) he does have that open mouth, tongue hanging out gsd smile quite often lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
Very handsome dog, I love the coloring. I would agree that he's a sable but doesn't look like a typical one!! But after posting pics of his mom Im sure he gets some unique coloring from her ;) I wish I had more areas to hike with my dogs but Nebraska sucks :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your GSD is very cute! mine has almost the exact same coat which is suprising. I have been confused on what to call her coat also lol if I knew how to post pictures i would put one up lol. I dont know if you come around centeral ohio much but theres a great national park here called Hocking Hills I take Schatzi there almost every weekend she loves it! its full of caves and waterfalls a great place to check out if your ever in ohio.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts