German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe if I use Palmers coconut oil body lotion on my dog? Or should I look for a dog only brand
I

·
Registered
Kimber 3, MacGyver 3 1/2, and Gracie my one year old cat.
43 Posts
Is it safe if I use Palmers coconut oil body lotion on my dog? Or should I look for a dog only brand View attachment 569802 I View attachment 569803
I don’t know about the safety of that if your dog licks it. But real coconut oil, in the food aisle is most likely a safer alternative. Occasionally put a half teaspoon in Kimbers food which helps with skin and coat. Putting it directly on their skin will make coat oily but maybe you can put a smaller amount?

·
Super Moderator
7,511 Posts
No.It's toxic.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I give my boy organic, unrefined coconut oil -- just a small amount each day. The unrefined is, I believe, the best option and is the most flavorful to dogs and people (actually tastes of coconut). He loves it but I try to not give too much since I don't want to overdo fats. I've rubbed a tiny amount into his nose a couple of times when it looked dry, but I haven't rubbed any into his coat or skin since I don't want him to transfer the greasiness onto our furniture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts