German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Genali is doing wonderful. She is a ball of fire, but has a really strong desire to please and really does a good job of paying attention when I speak to her. She will **** that little head over until she is nearly upside down, lol. She is growing, peeing, pooping and chewing, so all things are on track. Her training is going beautifully....we have a decent understanding of "Sit", "Wait", "Go potty", "No", "Good", "Crate", "Drop it" (sigh. her name should be drop it), and "Here". She is also learning what "shush it already means". :silly: I do have a question though. Not really concerned, just curious.

Both of her parents were stock coat (one with a saddle and one with a blanket). The litter was 8 pups. ALL of the rest of the pups have shed out most of their puppy coat already and have that typical stock coat look to them. Of course, they have all lost most of the black coloring as well too.

Genali however still has the majority of her puppy fuzz. I am starting to get a little bit of shed when I groom her but it is not much. I don't have a new pic right now, but I will try to upload one tomorrow if I can.

Genali was pretty average in the litter when she was born as far as size went. But she has caught up and is now the biggest pup in the litter. Is their size related to how quickly they shed out and get their big dog hair? She is less shaggy, but it seems to be more of a her growing into her coat sort of thing.

·
Super Moderator
7,336 Posts
no age, no pic, no ideas... lol

Eta: Found a post of yours with pics. Genali is a long coat... if her siblings are stock coats, then yes her coat development will be very different from theirs. Not size related.

Reactions: Genalis_mom
1 - 2 of 2 Posts