German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading here about long coat, plush coat, stock coat. What coat is Sasha? Sorry it's always windy here so I loaded several pics.
and she looks chunky, but weighs 64lbs

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
She is a gorgeous long stock coat. Don't see many black ones!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I posted her pedigree on here but didn't get much reply. I actually saved her on Craigslist from a possible life of breeding. So glad I clicked on that ad that day.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it the long wavy hairs around her ears that make her a long coat? I can braid it. I should say, the groomer trims her hair monthly. It is a lot longer but was getting dirty quicker.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Yes,the ear floofy's are very telling. What is her pedigree?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes,the ear floofy's are very telling. What is her pedigree?
Czech and German lines, I think, lol . I am not "up" with the pedigree talk. I get the papers but never even register them.
I'll post it again, because I never even know what I am looking at.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She is pretty! Very similar coat to my Tanner's.
You think so? To me Sasha's hair is a lot longer. But I am so fond of the solid black, it's so beautiful isn't it?

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
You think so? To me Sasha's hair is a lot longer. But I am so fond of the solid black, it's so beautiful isn't it?
The length of your girls hair is longer than my Tanner's. His hair is longer than Molly's coat. I am thinking he is more "plush" and thicker.

Solid black is beautiful, I have a soft spot for black animals. Black horses, black dogs, and black cats.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The length of your girls hair is longer than my Tanner's. His hair is longer than Molly's coat. I am thinking he is more "plush" and thicker.

Solid black is beautiful, I have a soft spot for black animals. Black horses, black dogs, and black cats.
Yes, I read somewhere that they are the least likely to be adopted (black cats, black dogs)
My next dog, in a few years, will be a solid black Great Dane.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
She is a mix of Czech and W. German. My 9 month old is actually the dam's half sister.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes, I read somewhere that they are the least likely to be adopted (black cats, black dogs)
Very true. It's unfortunate because black is beautiful! Your dog is a wonderful example.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts