German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
Loki was added to our family around two months ago.
We believe he’s around 5-6 months old.
He has lost most of his puppy teeth and his puppy fluff is gone for the most part.
I am wondering what type of coat he will have once he’s grown, and I figured this is the best place to ask! :)
Loki had one long hair parent and the other I believe was a stock coat. I can post a picture of them as well.

Parents:

And the day we got him:

·
Super Moderator
9,096 Posts
he’s unmistakably a long coat.
i’m always surprised that breeders don’t tell their buyers this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The breeder didn’t tell you how old he is either?
The breeders advertised that he was 12 weeks, but upon looking at his papers it said he was born in November, which instead would put him to be around 17 weeks at the time.
I confronted the breeder about it, and he apologized saying he had two separate litters and that Loki was 14-15 weeks old.
If I go off the birthday on his papers he should be turning 6 months here soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,096 Posts
The breeders advertised that he was 12 weeks, but upon looking at his papers it said he was born in November, which instead would put him to be around 17 weeks at the time.
I confronted the breeder about it, and he apologized saying he had two separate litters and that Loki was 14-15 weeks old.
If I go off the birthday on his papers he should be turning 6 months here soon.
well the photo of the day you got him.... i’d put him at 12 weeks. at the very most. 10 weeks if you hadn’t mentioned anything. it’s unfortunate, but i’d personally disregard whatever info is on his papers.

Reactions: karri

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the photo of the day you got him.... i’d put him at 12 weeks. at the very most. 10 weeks if you hadn’t mentioned anything. it’s unfortunate, but i’d personally disregard whatever info is on his papers.

That helps a lot! Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts