German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to look on the internet for GSD clubs or groups that I can go check out dogs, dog people and just talk dogs with some well informed people.

I did a google search, found the SchH clubs near me but that's it.
What else do I search under to find other people or events I can go watch and talk with people?

If this question needs to be moved let me know mods= thanks!

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
One source for dog training clubs:

So Calif Dog Obedience Council

You could also look for events in your area through the AKC events page. They will list the sponsoring clubs and you could backtrack from the types of events that may interest you. Think you could also do this through other organizations that sponsor titling events.

AKC Events and awards search.

Have you googled agility, tracking, herding, fun matches,etc and dogs for your general area? You might come up with some interesting events and clubs to check out and meet up with folks.

I think you indicated you were in Riverside County/Morena Valley? Check out websites and calendars for the fairgrounds in Pomona or other fairgraounds within your acceptable travel distances.

Good Luck in your search!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
There is a GSD club herding trial in October in Murietta, I believe (the first weekend of the month, maybe). I am not sure how popular it will be, becuase most people in San Diego usually herd in Escondido and there will be a trial there the following weekend (but not through the GSD club). I'm sure there will be more herding events through the fall-spring once the weather cools off.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am 5 minutes from Murrieta! I did come across the Lake Matthews SchH club (Pete Medina). I don't know if I am allowed to go watch? That's about 20 minutes from me and is also in my husband's work area.

I found also a few small groups that do obedience classes, not breed specific but they are minutes from me. Is this type of stuff good to go to as well? I know it sounds like a dumb question. I just want to make sure that if I am meeting up with people and asking questions I want to "try" to at least make sure I'm getting advice from people who may know what they're talking about haha!

I will google more stuff. And DUH- I can't believe I forgot about the AKC page last night. It was 11pm after all. =P

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
There is an akc herding event the second weekend (I think) in Escondido near the Wild Animal Park - put on by the Rottie club though (it will be various breeds, not just GSD's). If you would like dates for those events (and the GSD one), let me know. I'll have to find them in my email or the akc herding event site should list them.

There is also a SchH club in Ramona.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts