German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Athena just tested positive for clostridium perfringens. Low levels of the toxin present.

She had been on metronizadole, but it didn’t help.

The vet just prescribed Tylan/Bilovet powder to put on her food for a month.

She also said to change her dog food to one that contains a protein Athena has not had yet.

I’m very nervous about all this.

We‘ve only had her for less than three months (she just turned 4 years old).

She had Parvo as a pup, and giardia when we took her from the shelter.

Have any of you experienced this?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Nitro tested positive 4 years ago. My vet recommended "purchase the sensitive stomach diet from Hills and avoid feeding him anything else ... it seems somewhere along the track he has eaten something that has most likely caused his problem". My dog didn't like the Hills Prescription Diet Zd Skin And Food Sensitivities Dry Dog Food or the Hills Prescription Diet Zd Skin And Food Sensitivities Canned Dog Food, it ended up at my local rescue.

He has a chicken sensitivity, back then I didn't know if he was ok with lamb and beef. I then tried a home made diet, using proteins he'd never consumed before, goat then kangaroo, but it was costing me close to $100 a week on his food. He's been on Royal Canin Veterinary Sensitivity Control Dry Dog Food, the protein source being duck

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nitro tested positive 4 years ago. My vet recommended "purchase the sensitive stomach diet from Hills and avoid feeding him anything else ... it seems somewhere along the track he has eaten something that has most likely caused his problem". My dog didn't like the Hills Prescription Diet Zd Skin And Food Sensitivities Dry Dog Food or the Hills Prescription Diet Zd Skin And Food Sensitivities Canned Dog Food, it ended up at my local rescue.

He has a chicken sensitivity, back then I didn't know if he was ok with lamb and beef. I then tried a home made diet, using proteins he'd never consumed before, goat then kangaroo, but it was costing me close to $100 a week on his food. He's been on Royal Canin Veterinary Sensitivity Control Dry Dog Food, the protein source being duck
We’re going to try Whole Earth Farms Grain Free Dog Food with Turkey and Duck. It’s supposed to be good for dogs with sensitive stomachs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts