German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m no expert but it would seem unrelated. The only thing I can think of related is him pushing to hard to poop and putting strain on his eyes. Like we do.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
Vet time.
Tear ducts are at the inner corners, can’t be that.
Tough to see from the picture, but it looks like a sore right next to his eye, and it needs to be treated right away. You don’t mess with eyes.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
Do you have any Vetericyn or Puracyn? It is really good for all sorts of skin issues, and can be used near, and even in, the eyes. Be careful not to get any pus in the eye.

·
Registered
87 Posts
As someone who gets styes occasionally myself, I can tell you it isn’t a stye. They happen right at the base of an eyelash. And, my daughter had a clogged tear duct that required surgery, and it didn’t look like that, either. It was in the inner eye corner, where the tears come from. Her eye constantly watered and the whole eye was swollen.

I would guess some sort of blister that is infected and would get him to a vet. If you can’t get him in today, I think warm compresses are usually recommended. Since it drained some from the compress you used before, it seems like that is helping.
Take him to a vet, though. It likely won’t go away on its own, and could become serious and is likely uncomfortable.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Does he like to rub his face on things? I've had dogs get little pieces of plant matter imbedded in their skin and then have it get infected kind of like an ingrown hair

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does he like to rub his face on things? I've had dogs get little pieces of plant matter imbedded in their skin and then have it get infected kind of like an ingrown hair
I haven't noticed anything like that, but the bubble for lack of better words has a hole in it in the middle. Almost like a pore or a hair duct. When I put the hot compress on it and squeeze, I get some junk ooze out. After I do this, it looks much better and flatter. However, it fills back up over time. I'm an Italian with greasy skin, it seems and behaves so much like an acne cyst.

I bought the Veticyn yesterday and put it on, but I realized after it doesn't have any antibiotics in it. It's more of an eye flush. I am going to try some triple antibiotic ointment after I research whether is will irritate his eye. The bubble is far enough away from the eye, but he could rub it in. He has not been rubbing it at all.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
Vetericyn kills bacteria, fungus, everything. Apply every couple of hours. If it doesn’t work, I would go to the vet.
Unless it is specifically for the eye, I wouldn’t put ointment there.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks like a ingrown hair. Good to get it looked at if does not go away
Yeah, that's what I am thinking too. It's on the mend for sure. Putting triple antibiotic ointment on it. The Vetricin seemed to be working as well. Trying to avoid another $200 vet bill for them to tell me the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts