German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the park. Playing some fetch and I would clock her on the way out. Her highest was 26 mph, but she was usually between 18-22 mph. I wouldn't want her chasing me!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Darn you gotta radar gun=how neat.Nothing against GSD but have to say my rescue greyhound seemed waay faster -no documentation just watching.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I always thought my girl was really fast, she loves to chase any dog running and take them down on the run, until a greyhound came to the park, that dog was fast as the wind that was the first time I saw my girl frustrated and give up the chase...

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
LOOVED my adopted grey -would beat any GSD but probably would never come back.Some GSD would not come back but I bet MORE greys would not and more GSD would.Different breed love them both --GSD ahead in wanting to relate with skinpeople.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
this springer mix that I bike instead of walked was clocked at 30MPH, it is cool but gets pretty scary.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I borrowed it from a Coach at my school.(I teach) I wouldn't consider it Police grade so it may be off by a few +/-.
I thought she would be faster and push 30. She's almost 8. Maybe when she was younger.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally Posted By: TitonsDadShe's almost as fast as Usain Bolt, world's fastest man from Jamaica. (Was clocked at 28mph).
True, but I'll give Bolt a 10 yard start and I bet Lenny drags him down at 20 yards... well, if we trained schutzhund.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Wierd thought but wonder-Can YOU run faster than your dog? Might have beat 3 out of 8 in my dogs/as looking back.All 3 I beat were small/lazy-not into competition.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally Posted By: ttalldogWierd thought but wonder-Can YOU run faster than your dog?
A dog reaches top speed much faster than a human. So, long range with a fast person, yeah. You would have trouble getting away from one out of the box I would think. If Lenny is running 26mph there is no way I'm catching her. Good thing she has a good recall.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
My bitch was clocked at 37mph in a rocket recall at our last regional.. She was beat out by a Mali by 1 second..

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
I was thinking of you Leesa when I read this post, couldn't remember her speed but I knew she is FAST!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts