German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://clever.pet/pages/games-and-science

Have any of you ever seen or used one of these toys? Basically it's an electronic puzzle toy that makes the dog think and solve puzzles to get the food, but it is more complicated than the wooden puzzle toys you can find on Amazon. The dog can play with the toy when he/she is home alone, and all you have to do is fill it up before you leave for work. It is very expensive though. You can find lots of videos of dogs using these toys on their website and on YouTube. I was really interested in it the first time I saw it.

Do you think your dogs would enjoy it? Do you think they would destroy it or get frustrated?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
In less than 5 minutes, Baron would crack it open, eat all the treats, then proceed to chew up the rest of toy. Thinking back to Sting, who wasn't that food motivated nor had an interest in puzzles, he would have just ignored it. But when I had cats, they would have loved it! They would have had patience and pawing at the touch pads would have entertained them. So, I think if a dog likes puzzles, is not destructive, and is food motivated, it would be worth a try.

·
Super Moderator
5,860 Posts
My dogs would destroy it quickly,so not for us:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts