German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Simba is an unneutered, housebroken, 4 year old, black and red male German Shepherd who was owner surrendered last Saturday. Simba is medium sized GS who weighs about 70lbs. He is NOT good with cats, but is excellent with other dogs. In fact, he really seems to like them. Simba is a jumper, and when nervous begins to chase his tale However, he responds to corrections well, and once he is distracted from the stressor he stops tail chasing. He's good on a leash, is very treat motivated, and knows his basic commands. He is high energy,and likes to play, and therefore would benefit from a home where he can get plenty of it. Simba would be fine in a home with older kids.

Simba is not on the adoption floor so he is not getting any public exposure. Shelter information is below or you can contact me (gsdraven) for info.

Griffin Pond Animal Shelter Adoption Hours Noon-4:30, 7 Days!
967 Griffin Pond Rd
South Abington Twp, PA 18411
Phone 570-586-3700

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Unbelieveable that he is not given the chance to get adopted!
How much time do these gorgeous dogs have?
Perhaps because of the tail chasing? It is hard to understand though how they expect him to get out of there if no-one can see him. This shelter has a link to German Shepherd Rescue of SE Pennsylvania - I think I'll shoot them an e-mail and see if there is anything they can do for him (and Vivian - she is still listed.)

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am from GSR-SP. We don't currently have foster homes and are aware of the dogs. The evaluations I posted are from one of our volunteers.

This shelter isn't very GSD friendly which is why they don't make it to the adoption floor but we have some good volunteers in the area that try hard to advocate for the dogs.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I am from GSR-SP. We don't currently have foster homes and are aware of the dogs. The evaluations I posted are from one of our volunteers.

This shelter isn't very GSD friendly which is why they don't make it to the adoption floor but we have some good volunteers in the area that try hard to advocate for the dogs.
OK - disregard my e-mail, I just sent it! :) That is so discouraging when shelters discriminate against a breed, so absolutely wrong. Anyway, thank you for trying to help him, I'm in Colorado so can't do much - I will however crosspost him with some other rescue folks I know.

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Simba is rescue only.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
bump!

·
Registered
32,036 Posts
Simba is RESCUE ONLY. He starting to break down and really needs to get out.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Any word on him or the other fella? That is so ridiculous that the shelter discriminates against gsds that way.

·
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:bump: for Simba

He's still there and has had some interest but the right home hasn't come along yet. These guys need out of there. I'm surprised they've held on this long.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts