German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I didn't read it, but I see a recipe for disaster all over that idea.....

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I didn't read it, but I see a recipe for disaster all over that idea.....
Seriously.

I did read it, but I don't know nearly enough about protection work to evaluate how difficult or appropriate the exercises are.

I would love to see some videos of the dogs who actually enter that venue, although I'll admit it's mostly morbid curiosity driving that wish. It doesn't seem like there's a huge overlap between CKC customer base and people who actually care about training dogs to even the most bare minimum competition level. Throw bitework into the mix and :eek:

·
Banned
5,124 Posts
I didn't realize they even held events for titling in anything...might be because if you go to their events page and click "upcoming" it shows you through July 2011.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
The idea itself is neat. But honestly, the general population who knows about CKC that would try this makes it sound like a terrible idea. To the GENERAL population, they'd be like, "Oh! Attack dog title? Awesome!"
Then realize that they have to do some training.
Then they'd not want to commit to it.
Then they'd have a potentially highly dangerous, partially trained PPD/bitework dog on their hands.

All the GENERAL population seems to know about CKC as it is is that it's a registry, so that means that a breeder that uses the MUST be reputable!

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Their events list hasn't been updated in two years and if you look at the past events almost all were booths at dogpalooza type events or seminars, not obedience or PPD trials. I'm guessing they just make a list of rules for their titles so it looks really cool but never actually hold events.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts