German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I had a good dog. Now I have a 2 year old in a 40lb furry body. He has started peeing in the house, has eaten everything not tied down, escaped from the fence 2 times one which included a needed rescue because he knocked over a landscape boulder on his back leg, doesn't come when called and has scratched every family member. I have went from liking him to wanting to ring his little neck (although I always love him). We just ate dinner with him outside because he jumps up on the table. It was no peaceful dinner because I worried that he would escape again. HELP HELP HELP I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
He needs a job to do!

·
Registered
15,954 Posts
Vet visit to make sure there's no UTI or anything else amiss physically.
Then you need to get more interesting... He needs more adventures and always always always to be rewarded when he comes when called. That means, among other things, that if he escapes and you catch him, you go for a bit more of a walk/adventure before you go home, if you call him, you do something more interesting than going inside & so on.

Good luck!

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
What kind of training have you done with him? How old is he? I would step up the NILIF and keep him on a leash again, both inside and outside the house. And it also sounds like he's not getting enough exercise. 2 hours a day is about right, usually.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! We have started nightly walks followed by some catch. He is 3 months old now and we have only done training at home. He now comes when called 80% of the time instead of 15% and he has decreased his jumping up (except to drink mommy's tea off the table LOL). We are going to start taking him to the cemetary (don't laugh) they have a fenced in obstacle course set up out front for dogs. We are also going to do puppy classes coming up. We missed the last one because I had surgery on my knee. We did have him checked at the vet for both the UTI and his leg injury, both were good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts