German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read Seattle, San Francisco and Paris all have a population of more dogs than children. In my county, Santa Cruz, CA we are getting close, 51,000 dogs and 55,000 children.

Not quite sure what this means but found it interesting. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know where Chicago stands on this. Is there a site that shows what the statistics are by city?
I don't think so. There was an article in our local paper today - there's been a debate going on about having more off-leash areas. One point was made that per capita, our county has more dogs per person than Los Angeles or SF, therefore tax paying people should have more available dog spaces. Given those statistics I just did a quick on-line search and SF, Paris, and Seattle came up. In SF and Seattle it claimed those cities were too expensive to live in with a family, or families need more room than living in an apartment. I don't know, my father and his brother had a lovely childhood growing up in Manhattan, in a small 2 bdrm apt. They had their own "beach", it was the fine gravel on the roof of their building.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts