German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
At that age my dog had been chasing balls for many months...never had any problems. I don't do it for more than 4-5 fetches without a short break though. But yeah, your dog should be fine as long as you don't overdo it...

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I like to throw balls into tall grass which makes for a little search at the end instead of that full speed pounce they do.

All time favorite is to toss with the right bounce so they catch it in stride and there is no stop or bounce. But I fail at that from time to time. although our skill is way better than it used to be, takes some practice

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I play chuck it every day I can but I don't want them jumping at all for the ball, but they run all out and they even run back..:grin2:

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
I like to throw balls into tall grass which makes for a little search at the end instead of that full speed pounce they do.

All time favorite is to toss with the right bounce so they catch it in stride and there is no stop or bounce. But I fail at that from time to time. although our skill is way better than it used to be, takes some practice
Totally. I don't release her until the ball is hidden out of sight to prevent that crazy stop unless I throw it into the ocean surf where that fast stop is not an issue. Catching it after a bounce is tricky though. She has done it a few times and I hoped she wouldn't twist her spine. So no more of that and the reason I don't frisbee with her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts