German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Petsmart the other day and I say one of those extra large Chuck It ball throwers and it was on sale with the pet perks card. So i decided to try it out and let me tell you that was the best decision I've ever made in a petsmart lol.

Ive never seen Zoey so worn out! Just throwing a ball on my own my shoulder would get sore before she would but this thing is amazing.

We have tried the tennis ball but they don't last all that long with Zoey so we bought the Ultra ball (more durable rubber and it floats) and it works much better. The ultra ball bounces a lot higher to which Zoey likes a lot more.

If you have a nice long piece of ground that your dog can play i would recommend one of these every time. We use a retention pond that never has water in it lol We live in a neighborhood that used to have a golf course in it so we have a lot of long spaces for Zoey to run.

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
They are fun and you can use them for throwing snowballs too, but I see you're in Florida so....

·
Banned
377 Posts
Love the big bouncy chuck-it. Really saves the shoulder.
The bigger-than-tennis ball is not likely to be swallowed.
The bouncy ball lasts longer, goes farther and doesn't get all wet and heavy
like the cloth covered ball.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i throw the ball for my dog because i'm lacking motor
skills when it comes to the Chuck-it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I wish I could get a Chuck-it. Lara doesn't bring the ball back. The neighbor dog was just out playing with his chuck it this morning and Lara chased the dog back and forth while the dog chased the ball, she is worn out. Thanks chuck-it, and other dog :p

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
The planet dog ultra balls are nicer on the teeth and fit a little loose but not too loose in the chuck-it. And they are not as bad about bouncing. Good replacement balls when you get there.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish I could get a Chuck-it. Lara doesn't bring the ball back. The neighbor dog was just out playing with his chuck it this morning and Lara chased the dog back and forth while the dog chased the ball, she is worn out. Thanks chuck-it, and other dog :p
Shes still a puppy, so its ok!

Giver her some time and she will. Zoey never used to bring the ball back either. When she didn't bring the ball back we were done playing so she figured out that if she wanted to keep playing she would have to bring the toys back to me lol.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I love chuck its. We bought one when Frag was 8 months old and never looked back... We stock about a dozen of them at the dog park where I work and that is all Frag and Recon want to do while we're here.

We have a few ultra balls, a whislter, recycled ball, and glow in the dark. XD I'm hoping to get the duck amphibious ball soon. ;)

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
My dogs really love the roller:

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
My dogs really love the roller:

I want to invest in one so bad, but I know it would just get ruined or stolen/ruined at the park. :(

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I want to invest in one so bad, but I know it would just get ruined or stolen/ruined at the park. :(
Pimg doesn't have a serious bite like a working dog does (I'm talking jaw strength) but I assure you she bites plenty hard. I can actually swing her in circles while she tugs the roller. The foam inside is VERY strong- amazingly strong, to be honest. But yes, they both enjoy shredding the fabric off of the toys if left to their own devices.

They are super fun to throw in the house and let the dogs chase. They don't bounce around like tennis balls, and so you have less likely chance of a pulled muscle from weird attempts to get a bouncing ball.

You're right they probably wouldn't stand up at a dog park, but that said- they are intended for indoor use. They're pretty light and wouldn't go far outside (at least I wouldn't think so). I buy just the roller, not the launcher.

I found them on Amazon for $8 and free shipping with Prime.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Yeah, my house isn't big enough to use something like this, unfortunately. I didn't know they were intended for indoor use primarily, though!

Frag runs into the kitchen for dinner and knocks a few things and people down as it is. XD

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Oh, if something happened to Jack's Chuck It, we would never survive the trauma, LOL!!!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
are you teaching your dog to retrieve?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kenzie's a chuck-it fiend. Loves the thing. She'll play for hours fetching. Don't worry if your pup isn't fetching yet. Kenzie wouldn't even chase a ball until close to a year old. Now she will fetch until her tongue drags on the ground. If given the opportunity she steals the actually chuck it (not the ball, but the stick) and plays with that as well.
She'll also just play with the ball by itself and pounces and chases it. I'll have to look out for the roller as I didn't realized it's an indoor toy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts