German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Dropkick Murphy's

Here, a song that puts the "fun" in disFUNctional...

While Christmas is a time for the warm fuzzies, some have that family, and can probably relate to this song...and although it might not be everyones taste in music, you have to listen to the words and have a sense of humor...and if your family has a sense of humor...play it for them, LOL

My Celtic xmas song fave

I think @Jax08 and @cdwoodcox may appreciate

:)
Cheers

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight :)

Dropkick Murphy's - The Seasons Upon US

·
Registered
31,873 Posts
Is there actually a rendition of "God Rest You Merry Gentlemen" by the Bare Naked Ladies? I need to hear that.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Basically anything that sounds like this.
https://youtu.be/uC3O_ztCWOM

Metallica doing Chorus of the Bells, excellent!

Loving the diversity /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif , this is what this thread is about!

Love the Humor with Ozzy (I grew up on Black Sabbath)

Now Twisted Sister, we gotta talk...no Hair spray bands /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Lol, the twisted sister is 1 of my favorites.

·
Registered
31,873 Posts

This one, it's good!

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
A Little Groove in your Christmas Step

Boney M

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
A little Reggae twist

Although this isn't a Christmas song per say, To be Politically Correct....A "Holiday" song :grin2:

Boney M again, They're fun!

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Adorable

I want to thank everyone for participating in this compilation of Christmas songs. I definitely will have a much more padded and diverse song list on my Nano! Thank you for inspiring me to see and hear the brighter beautiful side of Christmas. We can expand upon next year!

Cheers to all and a Happy New Year

I leave you with this adorable video by Canadian Artist Serena Ryder....While I don't know if this is a traditional song, (I doubt it), and not the greatest song (IMHO)...lol, It has a place here, if you love dogs :wink2:

Six-time Juno Award winner and multi-platinum recording artist Serena Ryder is here to fill your holiday season with “Christmas Kisses”.
The title track from her first-ever holiday album, produced by Canadian Music Hall of Fame Inductee Bob Ezrin, the song features rescue dogs from the Ontario SPCA and Canadian dog influencers in holiday garb giving out kisses to festive onlookers.
Guest-starring in the video, adorably capturing how powerful the gift of love is, are several Canadian dog influencers including: @hermaninthehood, @lildogbigcity, @owenthegriff, @remsandfriends and @fortheloveofsmiley.

·
Super Moderator
32,127 Posts
Of the traditional Christmas songs, O Holy Night is my favorite. I absolutely love Hallelujah, by anyone, although kd lang's version is one of the best I've heard. And anything by Trans-Siberian Orchestra, I'd love to see them someday. A couple of non-traditional songs I love are The Pretenders 2000 Miles:

The Christians and the Pagans by Dar Williams, about a Pagan lesbian couple getting together with Christian relatives on Christmas Eve - the lyrics are sweet and moving:

My favorite funny Christmas song is Robert Earl Keen's Merry Christmas From the Family:

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Of the traditional Christmas songs, O Holy Night is my favorite. I absolutely love Hallelujah, by anyone, although kd lang's version is one of the best I've heard. And anything by Trans-Siberian Orchestra, I'd love to see them someday. A couple of non-traditional songs I love are The Pretenders 2000 Miles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SkWIqQ3oLY

The Christians and the Pagans by Dar Williams, about a Pagan lesbian couple getting together with Christian relatives on Christmas Eve - the lyrics are sweet and moving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vggo_9EDZU

My favorite funny Christmas song is Robert Earl Keen's Merry Christmas From the Family:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P37xPiRz1sg

The Pretenders...Always loved, never even thought of this song at this time!
The 2nd, well (there is a discussion elsewhere about Christians and Pagans), Amazing voice she has tho
The last song...Love it!, Love good sense of humor...Love that you covered all :)

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hey. So Merry Christmas 2019!...I wanted to get back to this this year, but sadly the forum change, I am having hard time with.
I thought I'll bump this with a cover of an Elvis Priestly song I heard the other day. Love this guys voice. Points for being handsome also...lol. Cannot get on Itunes
(Canadian eh!)
Blue Christmas
Kinda been a blue yr. Not relationship wise. Just difficult for many reasons...have a listen

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I looked briefly for a "real" Christmassy song by these guys, but settled on this one...happy holidays all!

41 - 60 of 63 Posts