German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. So I have a love hate relationship with Christmas. I cannot stand being bombarded with this music everywhere!
However...I love music, and there are certain songs, artists versions of these xmas songs that I hate so much, lol..That I HAVE to admit, I cannot love...

This started when trying to incorporate a few festive songs into my Ipod for a work mix I put together,

So in my search of some festive music on ITunes, I pulled together 9 songs (LOL) and IMO the best version of the chosen songs. These range from a song from the 50's ( I think), 80's, and current.
So got me thinking, what are others choice of song and fave version/artist.
Copy a youtube link so we can play along! :)

Now to follow is "my" all time favourite Christmas song (that I can never get tired of :) )

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
My favorite Christmas song is Linus and Lucy by Vince Guaraldi

I found the Celtic Women's Holiday Radio station on Pandora. It is a very good mix. It is classy, fun, updated and classical with almost no over played worn out songs that barely have anything to do with Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
6,010 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My favorite Christmas song is Linus and Lucy by Vince Guaraldi
https://youtu.be/x6zypc_LhnM

I found the Celtic Women's Holiday Radio station on Pandora. It is a very good mix. It is classy, fun, updated and classical with almost no over played worn out songs that barely have anything to do with Christmas.
That is cute...Charlie Brown

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A differant era, but IMO the best version of this song :) (Wham still fave tho)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
No modern choices from me. I'm old school. I love most of Handel's Messiah. My sister loved to sing and every year from teens through college sang in a local churches performance of the Messiah every year (soprano soloist). She has a beautiful voice and I just loved to hear her sing The Messiah.
I love the old school classics. Best CD set(yes I said CD) for Chistmas in my house is a Time Life Treasury of Christmas compilation of the classic carols. (TRACKS: White Christmas -Bing Crosby, Winter Wonderland/Sleigh Ride - Dolly Parton, Little Drummer Boy - Harry Simeone, O Little Town Of Bethlehem - Andre Previn, 12 Days Of Christmas - Roger Wittaker, Hark, The Herald Angels Sing - Nat King Cole, O Holy Night - Perry Como, The Christmas Song - The Carpenters, Carol Of The Bells/Deck The Halls - Robert Shaw, 'Twas The Night Before Christmas - Fred Waring, Here Comes Santa Claus - Elvis Presley, Santa's Beard - The Beach Boys, Christmas In My hometown - Charley Pride, Away In The Manger - Ed Ames, Silent Night - Jim Reeves, Home For The Holidays - Perry Como, Rudolph - Gene Autry, Feliz Navidad - Jose Feliciano, Good King Wenceslas - Morton Gould, Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms, Here We Come/O Tannenbaum/ I Saw Three Ships - Arthur Fiedler, Ave Maria - Leontyne Price, Ding Dong Merrily On High - Roger Whittaker, If Every Day Was Like Christmas - Elvis Presley, Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Perry Como, Jingle Bells - Jim Reeves, What Child Is This? - Andre Previn, Adeste Fideles - Luciano Pavarotti, I'll Be Home For Christmas - Perry Como, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Julie Andrews, Christmas In Dixie - Alabama, Do You Hear What I Hear? - Bing Crosby, Joy To The World/Angels We Have Heard - Robert Shaw Chorale, Blue Christmas - Glen Campbell, Judy Garland, Mary's Boy Child - Harry Belafonte, Rocking - Roger Whittaker, Let It Snow, Let It Snow - Lena Horne, The First Noel - Sergio Franchi, Silver Bells - Kate Smith, Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives, It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas - Perry Como, We Wish You A Merry Christmas - Phil Orch. choir & MORE

My 28 year old daughter just complained that she has lost her copy of the cd's and asked if we could make her a new set as she misses having them(we'll just transfer the mp3 to her). We play them every year while opening presents on Christmas Day. Love the classics!

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Not a huge fan of the christmas madness. Find this time of year very lonely.
However the one song I absolutely love and the one that sends a great message is Bryan Adams Christmas Time

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No modern choices from me. I'm old school. I love most of Handel's Messiah. My sister loved to sing and every year from teens through college sang in a local churches performance of the Messiah every year (soprano soloist). She has a beautiful voice and I just loved to hear her sing The Messiah.
I love the old school classics. Best CD set(yes I said CD) for Chistmas in my house is a Time Life Treasury of Christmas compilation of the classic carols. (TRACKS: White Christmas -Bing Crosby, Winter Wonderland/Sleigh Ride - Dolly Parton, Little Drummer Boy - Harry Simeone, O Little Town Of Bethlehem - Andre Previn, 12 Days Of Christmas - Roger Wittaker, Hark, The Herald Angels Sing - Nat King Cole, O Holy Night - Perry Como, The Christmas Song - The Carpenters, Carol Of The Bells/Deck The Halls - Robert Shaw, 'Twas The Night Before Christmas - Fred Waring, Here Comes Santa Claus - Elvis Presley, Santa's Beard - The Beach Boys, Christmas In My hometown - Charley Pride, Away In The Manger - Ed Ames, Silent Night - Jim Reeves, Home For The Holidays - Perry Como, Rudolph - Gene Autry, Feliz Navidad - Jose Feliciano, Good King Wenceslas - Morton Gould, Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms, Here We Come/O Tannenbaum/ I Saw Three Ships - Arthur Fiedler, Ave Maria - Leontyne Price, Ding Dong Merrily On High - Roger Whittaker, If Every Day Was Like Christmas - Elvis Presley, Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Perry Como, Jingle Bells - Jim Reeves, What Child Is This? - Andre Previn, Adeste Fideles - Luciano Pavarotti, I'll Be Home For Christmas - Perry Como, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Julie Andrews, Christmas In Dixie - Alabama, Do You Hear What I Hear? - Bing Crosby, Joy To The World/Angels We Have Heard - Robert Shaw Chorale, Blue Christmas - Glen Campbell, Judy Garland, Mary's Boy Child - Harry Belafonte, Rocking - Roger Whittaker, Let It Snow, Let It Snow - Lena Horne, The First Noel - Sergio Franchi, Silver Bells - Kate Smith, Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives, It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas - Perry Como, We Wish You A Merry Christmas - Phil Orch. choir & MORE

My 28 year old daughter just complained that she has lost her copy of the cd's and asked if we could make her a new set as she misses having them(we'll just transfer the mp3 to her). We play them every year while opening presents on Christmas Day. Love the classics!

Love this story (and Brenda Lee is in there :) )

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not a huge fan of the christmas madness. Find this time of year very lonely.
However the one song I absolutely love and the one that sends a great message is Bryan Adams Christmas Time

OK, I will post for you...lol :) and yep, great song

This isn't original video though...like the lights

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So a modern choice (lol Springbrz)...
Santa Baby...Gwen version

·
Premium Member
11,154 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts