German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new bike so I can bike with the dogs. This one has a seat that I can lower enough so my feet can touch the ground. I have a Willie scooter, but my knees don't like all the kicking.

Fluffy Balto likes to pull, so I'll have his sledding harness on him. Ciana (in the back) runs along side.

Boaz, of the big tongue, hasn't run with a bike yet, so that will be interesting.

So, does this count as a "dog related" expense in my budget?

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
OK, why not roller blades......... ;) :p

Like the bike & one of my fav colors............... ;)

Nice Pic !

·
Registered
510 Posts
Nice bike. Today, I bought Dexter a case of tennis balls at Costco. 48 of 'em. Shouldn't be running out anytime soon. Of course, he's not getting them until Christmas.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Beautiful dogs, love the markings....should be a good way to get exercise along with the dogs.

Off topic question, how heavy was your dutchie at around 8/9 months?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Gosh, if everything I bought that is used for the dogs gets billed as a dog expense, my hubby is going to kill me! That's nearly everything I use! I prefer the budget term "necessity"...keeps him wondering....
Gorgeous dogs, do you bike with all of them at the same time?

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jen - I used to roller blade in the 90's and I had a serious accident between the pavement and my butt. I think that's the reason why I have a pinched nerve there today. I was looking at a different bike, but the Electras come in so many great colors. I picked the brightest one.

Brown314 - I didn't do any weighing in between vet appointments, but at 11 months old he was 49 pounds. He's a scrawny guy at 24 inches tall.

Leeann - I don't even WALK with them all at the same time. While the older dogs have some kind of obedience title, I don't enforce it on walks. LOL. MY fault! I've been using another bike for running them, but I wanted something lower so I could feel more comfortable.

My dog expenses get broken down into different categories. Seems like a lot of stuff goes into the "dog misc" category these last few years. ;)

Balto likes kongs, but the more kongs I buy, the more they disappear. Is there a wild animal that seeks out and collects kongs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts