German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Much would depend on your female, her pedigree and what the goal of the breeding is.

The pedigrees of the 2 males listed are quite different and are going to bring different genetic traits. Good breeding isn't a matter of which pedigree is more 'impressive' but rather which genetic match-ups produce the desired results and therefore which pedigree is the best choice for the female depends mainly on the female.

To be honest though, unless I knew the first male very well in person and he impressed the heck out of me, he would not interest me for breeding. While there are good lines in his pedigree, the recent generations appear to be BYB style breeding with no titles, no health testing and quite possibly no breeding focus other than producing puppies.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Much would depend on your female, her pedigree and what the goal of the breeding is.

The pedigrees of the 2 males listed are quite different and are going to bring different genetic traits. Good breeding isn't a matter of which pedigree is more 'impressive' but rather which genetic match-ups produce the desired results and therefore which pedigree is the best choice for the female depends mainly on the female.

To be honest though, unless I knew the first male very well in person and he impressed the heck out of me, he would not interest me for breeding. While there are good lines in his pedigree, the recent generations appear to be BYB style breeding with no titles, no health testing and quite possibly no breeding focus other than producing puppies.
Can't contribute, Chris said it best!

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's more to the matter than I feel comfortable discussing here in public. I was looking for a "based on pedigree" I choose "this" one, and you've been quite helpful. Thanks so much for the input!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
^This.

That's all I can put in on the subject, as I'm still learning about pedigrees myself. Looking forward to more replies. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
The 2nd by leaps and bounds. No questions regardless of your females pedigree. Granted i completely understand why someone would want to know your dog before telling you what kind of dog you should breed her with but if the question is just between those 2, then its a no brainer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts