German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1922 TANNER Black/Cream (looks more like a Black and Silver) German Shepherd mix, male, 3 yrs old
Added 07/22/2008

Picture emailed to me:

Picture from shelter site:

Tanner was also a stray who has been at the shelter since 7/18/08.

<span style="color: #CC0000">He and Jed - see Jed's thread - are extremely Urgent. The shelter is full and they are in trouble today.</span>

The Ross County (Ohio) Humane Society
2308 Lick Run Road
Chillicothe, Ohio 45601
740-775-6808
[email protected]

http://www.rosscountyhumanesociety.org/dog.htm

THERE IS AN OFFER TO PAY PULL FEE AND HELP WITH TRANSPORT TO A REPUTABLE RESCUE. PLEASE PM ME FOR CONTACT INFORMATION.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the shelter: "Tanner is a nice dog, but turns over his bucket of water all the time and did manage to push the cyclone fencing at the corner of his kennel stall and got out into the isles of the kennel one evening. He is bored and frustrated."

LOL

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just received word back from Pat at the shelter. They will give us time to try and help Jed and Tanner - I don't know how much, but Jed and Tanner are safe for today. This is never a guarantee, but hopefully, a tad bit of breathing room.

So, if anyone thinks they can help, please do so. Remember, there is an offer to donate the pull fee and help with a leg of transport in Ohio.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Another gorgeous boy. I will donate towards his rescue if a rescue can take him.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Just talked to Warden; Tanner (and Jed) are still there. They are full (47 cages, 70 dogs) but will keep them unless they become ill or get aggressive. Both are large nice dogs. Warden said Tanner is "bit of a butthead" because he's young and likes to play; as soon as they fill his waterbowl, he picks it up, empties it and carries it around in his mouth. Did manage to chew thru his cage door one night and had the run of the place all night, didn;t do any damage, was just investigating.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Back to page one! I had to laugh when I read what the dog warden says. He would fit right in here at my house lol.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump to keep Tanner from falling off Page 1.

Reminder:

THERE IS AN OFFER TO PAY TANNER'S PULL FEE AND HELP WITH TRANSPORT TO A REPUTABLE RESCUE. PLEASE PM ME FOR CONTACT INFORMATION.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Up you go sweetie!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
THERE IS AN OFFER TO PAY TANNER'S PULL FEE AND HELP WITH TRANSPORT TO A REPUTABLE RESCUE. PLEASE PM ME FOR CONTACT INFORMATION

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Bump!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts