German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1936 JED Black & Tan Shepherd mix, male, 4 yrs old
Added 07/22/2008

JED was a stray who has been at the shelter since 7/14/08!

The above pictures were forwarded via email. The picture below is from the shelter's website. He is listed as a mix. He is not a mix. I think he is a blanket back.

<span style="color: #CC0000">He and Tanner - see Tanner's thread - are extremely Urgent. The shelter is full and they are in trouble today.</span>

The Ross County (Ohio) Humane Society
2308 Lick Run Road
Chillicothe, Ohio 45601
740-775-6808
[email protected]

http://www.rosscountyhumanesociety.org/dog.htm

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Chillicothe, Ohio - Ross County - JED - PTS 8/

THERE IS AN OFFER TO PAY PULL FEE AND HELP WITH TRANSPORT TO A REPUTABLE RESCUE. PLEASE PM ME FOR CONTACT INFORMATION.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts

I pulled my foster girl Dahlia from that shelter. They were VERY easy to work with and extremely helpful - but when they say urgent, I think they mean it! They are in the middle of nowhere and have A LOT of dogs for the space.

If anyone can help this gorgeous boy (and I totally agree - PB Blanket) don't dawdle. The fact that he's been there a month really speaks well to his temperament because I don't think they keep that many dogs that long. I'm sure he's on borrowed time now.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I just received word back from Pat at the shelter. They will give us time to try and help Jed and Tanner - I don't know how much, but Jed and Tanner are safe for today. This is never a guarantee, but hopefully, a tad bit of breathing room.

So, if anyone thinks they can help, please do so. Remember, there is an offer to donate the pull fee and help with a leg of transport in Ohio.

·
Registered
443 Posts

What a looker!

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

wow!! Stunning!! I just cannot believe some of the absolutely gorgeous dogs on here. I just love his expressionate eyes...

·
Registered
4,346 Posts

Does anyone know if he has been temp tested with other dogs and cats? What a beautiful boy!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts

wow what al looker. Definately not a mix

·
Registered
4,346 Posts

Bump!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Bumping back to Page 1 - Jed is Very Urgent.

Jed is said to get along fine with other dogs (per the shelter). I have sent an email to Pat asking about cats.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts

I asked about cats and they took him into the cat room, He jumped back when the kittens hissed and spat at him and just sniffed from a distance. There were two cats laying on the chairs and he either didn't see them or didn't pay attention to them. I think he'd be ok with cats.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts

FYI Jed is in jail because he was picked up by the warden for chasing livestock. So if you don't have any cattle, sheep, pigs.....ect, in the back yard I think you'd be ok.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts

Just talked to Warden; both still there. EVen though the shelter is full (47 cages and 70 dogs) they will keep them unless they get ill or start to become aggressive. Both are nice large dogs, friendly.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

Back to page one with Tanner!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts

Bump

1 - 20 of 76 Posts