German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gosh. It is extremely hard to find a good chi breeder :|
Im looking for a friend, not myself. It seems like people just, out of nowhere are calling themselves breeders. When I was looking for a GSD breeder, it was way easier! People have actually been breeding them for 40 years or so, not 4. These chi's come with like, nothing for a very very high price. This is insane! Anybody willing to point me in the right direction in looking for a breeder for her?
I'd love to see a chi beside a GSD.. I wanted to take a picture of one of the great danes (amazing dogs, let me tell you!!) beside a yorkie at the daycare but it was way too risky!
Also, do any of you have chis with your GSDs?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have a chi, Zora with Dazzle. Up until last month she lived with 2 GSD. Zora and my Cain were great buddies and would often kiss/clean each other's face. If Cain would try to walk away, Zora would put her foot on his face to make him stand still....LOL.

Zora weighs 7.5 lbs and the GSD each weigh 55 and 72 lbs.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have a 2 yr old Chi and she and my GSD get along great and play together constantly. My GSD is only 15 weeks though. When I first brought her home, my chi was terrified of her and didn't want to be anywhere near her, but now they're best buds. In the process, my GSD has learned to be more careful and not bite as hard when they're play fighting, but it is the cutest thing to watch these two in action. I also have a 7 yr old Yorkie female, who has also established herself as the Alpha female. She sooo does not like "playing" anymore, so those two pretty much leave her alone and stick together. Good luck with finding a good breeder!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have two chis, Carter weighs 4lbs and Cash weighs 7.5lbs. Shilo is good with them, she learned early on that they were not chew toys for her. She has remained the alpha and they respect her and know she is in charge.

Edited to add: Have you told your friend look at Chi rescues in your area?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts