German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last couple days Chief has not been normal. He has been drinking more water, not eating at all(and he normally gulps it down in 3 seconds), not following me around, not being very excited when I come home and to top it off when I got home today I noticed some blood on his private, not very much but some. He seems a little reluctant to pee, but pees fine. I called the vet they do not think its a UTI as we just did a urinalysis a month ago. He mentioned chiefs kidneys, cancer and prostate problems. We ended up getting some prostate medication that I have to give 4 pills 3 times a day for 10 days. If this don't help he wants to do some type of xray and something else. This really bites as We just went to the vet and did everything and got a clean bill of health. I am worrying so much!!

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Maybe crystals/stones causing blood as trying to pass.

Odd that meds would be given w/o checking urinalysis again.

and not to be superstisious...but the "number" of your # of post's:eek:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They just said they it was very unlikely that it would be a UTI since we had just did one and with they way I was describing everything he said it didn't sound like a UTI either. I am hoping this medication will take care of a UTI to if he does happen to have one. Its more of a prostate medication though. The medication is Chloraphenicol 500mg.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Sending lots of good thoughts your way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts