German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I spent about an hour today in the food store trying to figure out what to try with Biff. He is eating Diamonds Natural LB Puppy now and his stools are very runny so I finally decided on trying Chicken Soup. Has anyone tried this food with any luck. I am trying to find food without grain and still have a reasonable price.

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Well I spent about an hour today in the food store trying to figure out what to try with Biff. He is eating Diamonds Natural LB Puppy now and his stools are very runny so I finally decided on trying Chicken Soup. Has anyone tried this food with any luck. I am trying to find food without grain and still have a reasonable price.
Its is pretty much the same thing as you were feeding and it is made by Diamond. Runny stools generally are due to over feeding.

Frankly, I would use Pro Pac, superior product to anything out of Diamond. It is also easy to get for someone in Ill.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Yeah, the Diamond Naturals LBP and the Chicken Soup LBP are going to be very very similar. If she's not doing well on one she probably won't do well on the other. Like Sable said, runny stools are often caused by overfeeding, or can also be an intolerance. You could try scaling back on the volume for a bit and if that doesn't work switch to something with a different protein and carb source to see if there's an intolerance.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Try Earthborn Holistic Grain Free Primitive, Coastal Catch or Great Plains Feast.
All are Grain Free, ALS, Acceptable Calcium ratios and are reasonably priced.
Look at www.doggiefood.com
They have flat rate shipping of $4.95 (which is delivered straight to your home)....and the food is still on sale at $39.99 a bag. *Very reasonable for Grain Free food*.
We have been using it for a couple of months now, and are very pleased.

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Try Earthborn Holistic Grain Free Primitive, Coastal Catch or Great Plains Feast.
They have flat rate shipping of $4.95 (which is delivered straight to your home)....and the food is still on sale at $39.99 a bag. *Very reasonable for Grain Free food*.
Earthborn is a good line, made by the Pro Pac people. Good choice.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
I feed Chicken Soup and have since Ace was first brought home. His coat is nice and shiney and he does good on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use to feed Chicken Soup to my other dogs, i switched my Border Collie when i got her at 3 years old to it. The owner fed her Iam's her entire life, and she was a tad overweight (even though she exercised her frequently). In a matter of weeks her coat was shiny, she had more energy and she started losing weight. I never had a problem with lose stools with her, only if i fed her after a certain time or if she got in to the bag :rolleyes:. Over all i love it, and i plan on feeding it to my future Shepherd (and if i don't my next choice would probably be wellness). It REALLY made a difference in her coat appearance, she required less grooming lol ;)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I just wanted to add that I have used DoggieFood.com for quite a while, and I have been extremely happy with the service...they are not the first online pet food seller that I have bought from, but they are wonderful and have excellent pricing. As long as they have the products that I am interested in buying, I will continue to give them my business. I also agree, that Earthborn products are very, very good and I keep them in my rotation. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts