German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, the night before yesterday (Tuesday night) my big boy managed to steal what I think was a small piece, maybe two pieces of cooked chicken and there were a couple of bones! I found a couple of broken bones on the floor but he might have ingested a piece of it! I got on the phone with the vet and advised me to give him some hydro peroxide to make him throw up but after giving him a few times he didn't throw up at all (strong boy)! I monitored him through the night and he was fine, yesterday he had normal poop in the morning, in the afternoon and then last night he started having diarrhea! During the last night (morning) I took him out a couple of times and had squirting, watery diarrhea and was looking for blood but didn't notice any until I took him out 20mins ago! Other then the diarrhea Once in a while he gets episodes of colitis, otherwise he is a strong and healthy beautiful big boy! Can it be a coincidence that he's having colitis or should I worry about the chicken? I would think the bones, if any, would have been broken down by now by the stomach acid? I called the vet and will be taking him in shortly! Any suggestion is appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
482 Posts
You fed him Peroxide I would expect him to get the "squirts" since he did not vomit it up. What color is the blood? Black? Red? How much blood?

Black - in upper GI Tract needs seen
Red - As you know from colitis it is the rectum bleeding typically

Amount - Little bit like starts out as poop then the end there is blood IMO probably the colitis

ALOT! Get to the vets!

I am guessing since you are not in panic mode and already at the vets its probably not so much blood just enough to scare you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts