German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the info from Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...17406760.48995.226541667442185&type=1&theater
@ Chicago ACC: please tag/share!

ASI MCGEE_F_A083201_E/334

ASI MCGEE IS A TERRIFIED GERMAN SHEP WHO WAS GIVEN UP BY HER OWNER AND NEEDS RESCUE. HER FEAR IS CAUSING HER TO ACT POORLY IN HER CAGE - GROWLING, LIP CURLING. PLEASE COME AND EVALUATE HER OUT OF HER CAGE.

INFO ON RESCUING/FOSTERING FROM CHICAGO ACC: CACC Transfer Team - Chicago, IL - Non-Profit Organization - About | Facebook

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
This shelter is the worst shelter I have ever been to. Can a rescue pull her or if someone gets her, can a rescue take over? I can't have another female, but this dog needs to find a home:( I have no problem going to get her and paying to get her, but she has to have somewhere to go before I do any of that..

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I should not have looked at that page:( There is another female GSD needing a home to.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I could tell from the replies to the image the rescues in the area have already been contacted but someone said those groups were checking with other rescues further away to see if any of them could take her.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Simply Shepherds Rescue is a Homeward Bound Partner of Chgo AC. We will be there on Tues 4/30/13 morn to evaluate this girl and another female. WE ARE TOTALLY FULL - No room in foster. If we had an extra foster home... we could pull her. We will post eval info tomorrow after visit. If there is anyone in the Chgo area willing to foster...... please let us know

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok folks......
I did go down to Chgo AC this late morn. There are actually 3 female shepherds in need of pull.
But let's talk about SALLY.... What a delightful little gal. She is more American
line, a little under-weight. She is a black and red, about 2 yrs... could be younger also. Plenty of plaque and tartar on teeth from poor food. Yes she is scared, but took hotdog and chix treats with a soft mouth. She does sit, doesn't mind being touched, and might play fetch. Good at the fence when other dogs walked by with some volunteers. Silly and kissy.
Chgo AC is very full.... This dog needs to be pulled now. I have another happier pic, just can't download from this computer. If there is a foster home locally, we will pull. We are just too full and have a couple of needy medical pooches at this time.
If you can foster in the Chgo area... please email me [email protected]

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Someone on the Facebook post said they are interested in fostering her, I told them to contact you.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I passed the info along to someone who is interested in adopting one...I hope all three can get out of there.

·
Registered
701 Posts
All three have been pulled. And a few other dogs!

ASI MCGEE F A083201_E/334

5yr old F A083398

Female - sable A082933

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
This is really good news.....makes me happy to know they are safe.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
So according to Facebook she was pulled by Magnificent Mutts rescue, don't know if this info is correct but if anyone is interested in adopting they can check with them:
Magnificent Mutts is a 501
I was so hoping they would pull her...they had several responses from people that were seriously considering fostering.:happyboogie:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm so glad Mag Mutts was able to help! I got my Ralphie from them - a truly wonderful rescue group.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep just checked their site, she is up there, and with much happier looking photos. They also have several other GSDs looking for homes if anyone wants to post them in the relevant section.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts