German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1 year old gsd that jumps the fence, so we bought him 10x10 chain linked fence heavy duty, still chewed it and made a huge hole, We’ve tried everything, we probably should rehome him... Yes. Hurts my my heart to give him away just like that but I think it for the best..

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Does he get physical or mental exercise and time with his people outside the kennels?

One of my dogs is a fence-jumper also. He only jumps it when he is unsupervised, so I just don't leave him outside alone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does he get physical or mental exercise and time with his people outside the kennels?

One of my dogs is a fence-jumper also. He only jumps it when he is unsupervised, so I just don't leave him outside alone.
In two more weeks I’m back home from the hospital, Every day at some point I take him on long walks But he still gets out

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I hope you are feeling well and have a speedy recovery.

I'm not an expert, just a pet-owner, but if he were my dog and I wanted to keep him, I'd buy a more secure kennel and try to increase his training and exercise so he's not bored. (Some GSDs need more than just a leashed walk and do best when they can get out and run). Will he stay in the fence when you're with him?--if so, you could throw a ball or play tug with him in the yard to help wear him out in addition to his walks. If you're worried about keeping him safe, or providing for his needs, I think it's okay to rehome him, especially since he is young, just be careful who you give him to. I hope everything works out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts