German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
I dont know about claustrophobia in dogs. What does she do exactly when you crate her? Have you crate-trained her at all?

Also, I would not use any physical punishment, either. What I did w/Kodee (although he's 10 mos and doesn't chew on everything, he does swipe stuff that doesn't belong to him and try to chew on it). Rather than punishment, and concentrating on "no", I would start working on a command to teach her what she should do instead. Kodee knows "off" (which means get off of whatever/whoever you're jumping on), and "leave it" (meaning don't bother whoever/whatever you're getting ready to bother), and also we are working on "out. (drop whatever you already have in your mouth)."

It seems to me the best way to get them to "stop" doing something is to tell them to "do" something else. Hope this is helpful. I just think physical punishment will destroy your bond, which is the whole fun in having a dog, IMO.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.