German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone heard of ChewDatFoods in the Northern Virginia area? I just reached out to the owner and asked what the percentages were: "Our Complete Dog Original Blend is made from 20% Organs, 10% Fruit, 10% Vegetables and 57% meat with bones. The remaining 3% is made up of items such as Ginger root, Cloves, Organic Kelp, Turmeric and such."

From looking online, it looks like its recommended to have 80% meat/bones, 10% fruit/veg and 10% organ. How much of an issue is this delta? Also, I'm waiting on a response regarding where the meat is sourced from.

Curious if anyone has any insight here.

They charge 2.25/lb and the food blend is already prepared.

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier...I can just add chicken necks or other RMB in order to increase the ratio, so the percentages are a non issue.

Also, here's a link for anyone interested in checking them out: https://www.chewdatfoods.com/complete-meals-for-dogs

Their ingredient list seems legit. Doesn't seem like they would be using deceased animal carcasses or anything like that since their ingredients are so specific, right?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Response: "All of our meats, as well as our fruits and vegetables, are purchased through local restaurant suppliers and human grade distributors.* We use only products that we would use in preparing our own food"

So I guess this thread is just to inform everyone that chewdatfoods is a great option for raw feeding if you're in Virginia Maryland or Pennsylvania.

Here's to answering my own questions

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts