1 - 20 of 601 Posts

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chewbacca in Shelter

Chewbacca New Life Starts

Chewbacca First Five Months

Chewbacca had his previous thread moved by mods to archives as they had gotten too long (but hopefully not too boring). You can revisit his other threads by clicking on the links above.

So we will start a new thread for 2006. In summary, he is a senior found homeless on the streets of New York. He was posted here in August 2005 as a dog who had been waiting in a shelter for many months. The ACO that picked him up in New Babylon, Long Island has German Shepherds herself and aggressively advocated for him and was losing hope. She felt at his age and in his condition, all he needed was a bed and a bone in a corner somewhere with someone who would love him hopefully as much as she did.

The ACO was going on vacation the following week and the plan was to euthanize him while she was gone. I fell in love with his shelter pictures and his story, and quickly drove down to adopt him.

This is a picture chronicle of his after-the-shelter life so that when others consider seniors up for adoption from this forum, they can project some of the possibilities. Not to mention it's a booster for rescuers to know that for the many that you can't save, here's the one that you did, and wow, look at the difference that you can make in one dog's life.

I'm madly in love with my senior. There have been zero regrets and lots of surprises as you too will soon discover.

Kisses & hugs from Chewie.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
What a great picture!!!!! Love it and love Chewie!! Keep it coming....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/23_hug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/23_hug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/18_thumb.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/18_thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Wow...Chewie has his own boat, how cool is that?? LOL!! We all LOVE Chewie pics, keep them coming /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
And a Happy New Year to you Chewie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/26_cheers.gif

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Hi Chewie and Happy New Year! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/24_hello.gif Can I have a ride in that boat?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Happy New Year CAPITAN Chewy!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Happy New Year Chewy!!!!! Hugs and kisses to you too!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Happy New Year Chewy-You handsome devil you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[ QUOTE ]
hmmm.... where's Chewy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/24_hello.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"Here I am over here.I've been hanging on my porch with my sister. Did you know I have a new doghouse? I let Sally borrow it for now as it's been quite warm here."

"Mom has a hectic schedule this month, so she hasn't been able to visit you guys too much."

[image]
[/image]

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Mom likes to check on me from the living room window when I'm hanging on my sleeping bag."

[image]
[/image]

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"I like to hide my bones in my house! Mom is watching me right now from her office. I always like to see her."

"I think on another day, mom will show you how I can go from my porch to my yard with all the new wood chips. I heard mom cheering, yeah, no more mud. My job is to please my mother, so I'm happy too."

[image]
[/image]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, I have stocked up on my Chewy sweatshirt, baseball T, and calendars. Donna, they all look awesome. thanks for putting them out there.

Just want to let everyone know that I have been in touch with the artist who will be doing the watercolor of Chewbacca for wining the petfinder senior dog contest. She has pretty much chosen the photo from the tons I sent her, and should be getting to work on it soon. I can't wait to see it and will let you know when I get more info.

Kristin

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Chewys in my office...

1 - 20 of 601 Posts