German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What chew toys would you recommend for someone who is bringing home a 3 month old GSD? I am reading a book on the GSD, and it recommends buying Nylabones, latex squeeky toys, rubber bones & balls, and faux lamb's wool plush toys.

I was thinking about starting with just 3 chew toys...maybe a Nylabone, a latex squeeky toy, and a plush toy. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
462 Posts
My boy DESTROYED soft toys as a pup (and still does)! I recommend a kong, you can stuff treats or peanut butter in there! Keeps them busy for a while!

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Originally Posted By: Doc_Brown I recommend a kong, you can stuff treats or peanut butter in there! Keeps them busy for a while!
IF you can get them to actually use them. I have had several dogs since Kongs were invented and exactly 1 would even touch a Kong. And that was only becuase that was the only thing I was throwingat the time. (One of the orange ones with a rope attached.) Even with him, if given a choice, the Kong was at the bottom of the list of "favorite toys".

·
Registered
468 Posts
Bogart loves his "Binky" which is a Kong in the shape of a pacifier (soother), it's for puppys and is a softer rubber then the regular kong. It keeps him busy in his crate when he first wakes up in the morning which gives us a few extra minutes sleep!!

Bogart's Mom

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My pup is just over three months and his two favorite toys are a tennis ball, a pink "loofa" dog and a small latex squeeky toy that we bought for under a dollar
He is not that fond of his nylon bone or the Kong yet.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
I've found the latex type toys to be too easy for the pups to tear.

For chew toys I would go with Kongs and Cuzs (if you don't mine demonic squeeky noises
).

I make braided fleece and tennis ball toys that my guys LOVE!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts