German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I am sitting on the couch with the MacBook on my lap and a DVD turned on the TV. And Minna keeps walking over with raw bone in mouth, setting the raw bone on the couch up so that it is against my leg or my side and then proceeding to chew on the bone that is now laying on the couch against me. I suppose she just wanted to come and show me what she had and try to share it.

Why can't she just chew on the bone somewhere else -- like the floor!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
And why do they always want to do that when it's something gross! If it was just a rubber bone or a pig ear or something like that, they chew it on the floor. LOL!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Jake just started this too! I can't stand it, any suggestions how to stop it? I want him to chew his bone etc so when and what verbal correction do you use?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
well right now i'm typing with one hand b/c otto 70 plus (@ 7 months) self has laid hafe his body on mine and is pass out!!! Drooling on my shrit......... Ahh but I love him sooooo i just will let it go. :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Rather than correcting it I give the dogs a job that doesn't allow them to stick their grossness on me LOL. I have taught them to go to their bed (dog pillow on floor) on command and reward them for going to it and chewing a toy/bone.

With Dazzle she forgets herself and insists on putting her slimy ball on me or the computer keyboard so I just keep the toy for a few seconds/minutes and then when I return it she is more inclined to keep it on the floor.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Sobacca lays quietly on his blanket and chews his bone. Minna feels the need to bring me EVERY TOY she has and lay it next to me. She had actually set a bone next to me and walked off a few minutes ago. I said "thanks" :laugh: I guess she thought I wanted something to chew on too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts