German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have three male german sheps at this high kill shelter. Two are the black and tans and one is more of a light brown shade. I believe all three are less than 2 yrs old. If your group can help rescue these dogs, please let me know. My cell number is 843-307-2697.

Karen Stangel, Paws and Claws Volunteer
[email protected]

We are located at 467 Goodale Rd./Edwards Rd in Chesterfield, SC. If you use the map link, choose the Chesterfield, SC map showing Hwy #9, Hwy #145 and Hwy #102. We are located within this triangle of roads on State Route #13-432. Directions: From Hwy #9, take Hwy #102 South to Edwards Dr (that will become Goodale Rd after you pass the Edwards Elem School building). (In Mapquest, this is State Route #13-432) Turn right on Edwards Rd/Goodale Rd. and the shelter is about 1/2 mile on the left. The contact numbers for Paws and Claws are (843) 378-0016 for Karen Stangel, (administrator), (843) 537-7023 (Co-Director) or 623-6670 (Director). The Animal Control/shelter phone number is (843) 623-3585. Call the shelter only on Saturday and Sunday (between 10am-2pm) and ask to speak to a Paws and Claws Humane Society Volunteer (any other time you will reach the animal control officer or their answering machine). Ensure you are talking to a Paws and Claws volunteer, and not to a community service worker, as they are not familiar with all our policies and procedures.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Re: Chesterfield County, SC 3 young male GSD's

Awww - these poor guys. I can't even imagine how hot it must be for them in these runs.

·
Registered
254 Posts

These dogs are still in need

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

[email protected]

----- Original Message -----

Just putting the word out these pure bred dogs are at Chesterfield animal shelter. I went there today and took these pics.

This place is heartbreaking. If anyone can help please contact me. Feel free to crosspost.

Susan Helms

Union County

Picture looks like it's probably GSD #3 (of the pics above). I emailed Susan to see if we are down to one GSD at this shelter now........

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

Ok, Susan didn't know.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

"I have all three shep males on HOLD, meaning I have placed them on a "do not put down" list. Usually, animal control will keep them alive thru the weekend. Two are black and tans, and one is all brown. I have had a call on the all brown one. The boy plans on coming on Sunday to look at him if he is still avail. If a rescue group wants to pull them, all three are avail. Thanks. Karen"

·
Registered
519 Posts

I thought i had posted about this shelter...have worked with Karen Stangel who is only a volunteer...this shelter is in one of THE poorest counties in South Carolina..period. Inmates feed the dogs...Karen and a couple of others can only come weekends...trust me, they will not last...they are always overrun...Thanks Myamom for all you do
walton

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

UPDATE: The boy in the last picture above has been commited to by GRSA!!

http://www.gsdrescue.org/

To my knowledge, the other two boys still need rescue.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

THESE TWO BOYS STILL NEED HELP:

There are 2 male GSDs remaining at this high kill shelter. One black and tan and one is more of a light brown shade. Both believe to be less than 2 yrs old.

[email protected]
Cell number is 843-307-2697.

We are located at 467 Goodale Rd./Edwards Rd in Chesterfield, SC. If you use the map link, choose the Chesterfield, SC map showing Hwy #9, Hwy #145 and Hwy #102. We are located within this triangle of roads on State Route #13-432. Directions: From Hwy #9, take Hwy #102 South to Edwards Dr (that will become Goodale Rd after you pass the Edwards Elem School building). (In Mapquest, this is State Route #13-432) Turn right on Edwards Rd/Goodale Rd. and the shelter is about 1/2 mile on the left. The contact numbers for Paws and Claws are (843) 378-0016 for Karen Stangel, (administrator), (843) 537-7023 (Co-Director) or 623-6670 (Director). The Animal Control/shelter phone number is (843) 623-3585. Call the shelter only on Saturday and Sunday (between 10am-2pm) and ask to speak to a Paws and Claws Humane Society Volunteer (any other time you will reach the animal control officer or their answering machine). Ensure you are talking to a Paws and Claws volunteer, and not to a community service worker, as they are not familiar with all our policies and procedures.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

Wonderful!

Now to get the other two out!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts

Hey, his name is actually Atlas (i'm fostering him) and there are 3 other GSDs at this shelter, 2 males and 1 female. Hopefully there will be pictures of the others soon.

Edit - PS ... the first night went great, he's a sweet boy, very loving, very gentle.

Originally Posted By: Darcy1This is a picture of the GRSA boy (now named Atticus) in his foster home after being pulled and transported today:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

Thanks. I did know his name was Atlas. It was late and I typed Atticus, which is another pup saved this month York County SC and I had his name on the brain.

So there are still 3 there? I don't want to get this thread confused for the ones who still need saving - 2 males and 1 female?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts

Ditto to what Walton said, this is a very very poor rural shelter that can not provide any vetting, no altering, nothing....anyone can get these dogs and have a new breeding bitch.

This is where my Charly came from and what started me in rescue!

Karen bends over backward to help these dogs but as a volunteer she is very limited in what she can do, AC makes the decisions to euth. If any reputable rescue can help, please contact Karen asap!!!

Thanks GSRA for getting that boy out, he is beautiful!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

Ok...just got a rather sad email about this shelter. Very poor, desperate for help........

the email contained the picture of GSD number 2...so we know he is still desperate for help!!

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

GSD3

7-12-08 Good with other dogs. Estimate 2-4 yrs, around 60-80 lbs.
Paws and Claws Humane Society
Chesterfield, SC
(843)3780016 or 5377023

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

[email protected]
(843) 378-0016
Cell number is 843-307-2697.

So...to sort this out...this boy that I just posted above is definitely still there. The other male and female...I'm not sure. Oh...and I saw this baby while glancing through their site...

Shep2

1 - 20 of 23 Posts